position is responsible for development of new beverages from ideation to
commercialization. As well as, conducting all regulatory research and
ensuring compliance for all new product introductions and/or product changes.
1. Provide regulatory information (NLEA) and guidance on interpreting and
meeting FDA rules and regulations regarding the labeling of food products.
2. Develop, write, circulate and file all PCNs (Product Change Notices).
3. Ensure packaging meets all regulatory standards.
4. Keep current on technical reading and industry trends/changes (i.e.
changes to labeling requirements and CFR changes).
5. Secure all Kosher, Organic, GMO free and other documents are needed.
Research & Development
1. Conduct development of new products, reformulations, alternate suppliers,
and new raw materials.
2. Manage, coordinate, organize, and conduct sensory evaluation panels.
Interpret data and issue reports including recommendations.
3. Communicate directly with ingredient suppliers regarding technical
4. Conduct research of new ingredients for all existing products and assist
R&D Manager with new products, taking all parameters into consideration –
functionality, cost, feasibility, application, value, certification, company
5. Create and maintain detailed journals and documentation of ongoing and
6. Provide monthly reviews on status of projects and expenses.
7. Work closely with flavor houses in the development of new products and
continually review existing products in search of improvement.
8. Supply flavor houses with materials (bottles, caps, etc.)
9. Conduct shelf life studies for all new products and existing beverages.
10. Develop training strategies for the qualifying and continual development
of the Sensory team.
11. Develops and implements new and improved guidelines, processes,
protocols, methods and or systems that ensure the on-going improvement of
sensory and consumer research. On-going maintenance of existing processes and
12. Keep up-to-date manuals for all PCNs (Product Change Notices.)
13. Ensure formulas and packaging databases are up-to-date.
1. Establish or assist in establishing raw material standards in conjunction
with Purchasing by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements;
conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising test methods and
procedures to assure quality.
2. Establish new testing methods as necessary for product quality.
1. Initiation of and work
on projects and special assignments as assigned.
2. Ability to work with support groups and functions effectively in a team
3. Good problem solving skills. With guidance determine the root cause
problem and execute effectively on solution.
4. Develop awareness of industry developments and pursue ingredient, product,
or technology advances for application to new and innovative product
1. Ensure smooth transition of product from R&D process to
2. Further support product launch by attending production runs for new
products or product changes from batching to filling.
Co-Packing and Process Improvement
1. Assist co-pack operations’ departments in the development and improvement
of manufacturing processes for newly introduced products or product changes.
2. Assist the co-pack program by traveling to different locations when needed
for R&D purposes as well as, production purposes.
Leadership & Development
1. Create a collaborative work environment that encourages participation and
2. Represent Talking Rain with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Reports To: R&D Manager
Supervises: No direct reports
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints and
ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
3. Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management,
organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
4. Ability to prepare concise action plans and presentations.
5. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with
individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work
independently and as part of a team.
6. Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
7. Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
8. Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and
9. Exhibit a professional, business like appearance and demeanor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, biochemistry degree or Food Science degree
2. At least one year of experience in an R&D function for a food
3. Travel required.
only. Recruiters please do not contact this jobposter