Food Scientist - Atlanta, GA
CSM Bakery Solutions, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. One of the largest bakery manufacturers in the world, CSM provides specialized ingredients such as bread and pastry mixes; fillings, icings and toppings; batter and frozen dough for muffins, cookies and viennoiserie; and finished products like cakes, donuts, and more. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Brill, Meister Marken, Westco, Multifoods and Waldkorn
The R&D Scientist will execute business driven R&D projects and provide leadership on new product development activities including technical support to the Supply Chain and Sales & Marketing organizations.
· Execute against key projects/programs as agreed upon with manager based on business needs
· Conceptualize and develop new products for the Bakery Products categories (cakes,cookies,donuts, muffins, etc.)
· Maintain core business through product improvements and procurement and quality initiatives
· Lead and conduct pilot plant and plant trials for new products start ups, product improvements and plant transfers
· Provide technical support and consulting to internal and external customers
· Develop proficiency in SAP and specification systems
· Mentor and coach less experienced R&D personnel
· Follow laboratory policy and best practices
· Under limited supervision, develop new products and/or enhances existing products to meet customers’ needs.
· Conduct basic research for new products and develop best practices for preserving and processing foods.
· Conduct research to discover new food sources, analyze food content and participate in development of ways to assure compliance with FDA/regulations.
· Provide technical leadership for assigned projects.
· Demonstrated expertise in a single product area or category
· Demonstrated technical knowledge in product and process development
· Strong problem solving skills
Education / Skills:
BS degree in Food/Bakery Science or equivalent work experience. Minimum 5-7 years experience in Food/Bakery Science
CSM Bakery Products offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, LTD & STD, tuition reimbursement and 401K. We participate in E-verify. #LI-KW1
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org