Technician (R&D) - Concord, NC
bench top experiments in support of new and existing products.
Responsibilities include the preparation and testing of finished product
using standard lab and food preparation equipment. Participate in finished
product testing includes organoleptic, salt, texture, water activity,
responsibilities include recording experiments in laboratory notebook;
cleaning lab and lab equipment and any other duties or tasks as deemed
necessary; maintaining ingredient inventory; ordering raw materials;
products tasting; setting up product reviews with R&D and cross
functional team members; and developing and writing specifications.
types include new product and line extension development; alternate
ingredient evaluation; quality improvement; and productivity programs.
Pending time and project needs duties may include travel to plants and
leading small teams.
• BS Degree - preferably in Food Sciences
• 0-3yrs experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Quick learner
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of working within a laboratory environment
• Basic formulation knowledge and an understanding of raw materials used in
the Blending industry
• Produce and record accurate data for R&D projects.
• Manage lab equipment, raw material procurement and inventory.
• Knowledge of physical test methods related to product properties.
• Ability and willingness to meet demanding project timelines and
• Organizing assignments in a manner that maximizes work efficiency without
• Participate in and complete company-required training programs
• Participate in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set
forth by the company
• Excellent skills in thorough, concise and timely oral and written
• Strong work ethics
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must have a good level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or electronic
database search tools preferred
apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or
4450 Fortune Avenue NW
Concord, NC 28027