Career Opportunities: Food Safety/Quality Coordinator (15441) – Holton, KS
Requisition Id 15441 - Posted 09/30/2015 - Kansas - Holton - Quality - Full-time
Johnsonville Sausage, the nation’s No. 1 producer of brats, Italian sausage, smoked-cooked links and fresh breakfast sausage links, is a leader in the food manufacturing industry. The company’s more than 1,400 members, known elsewhere as “employees,” are dedicated to producing the finest-quality sausage. Johnsonville strongly supports each of its members in their efforts of continued growth and development, offering excellent opportunities for advancement, along with an attractive compensation, benefit and bonus package. We invite you to learn more about why Johnsonville was recently recognized as the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) National Employer of the Year!
Banner Creek has an opportunity for a Food Safety/Quality Coordinator to join our Harvest/Fresh Sausage Team. Your passion for continuous improvement efforts will enable Members in the organization to meet the goals of producing high quality, superior products. This job is perfect for an individual who has a track record of improving and expanding the scope of their responsibilities and wants to continue to grow and be challenged.
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Wants To Accept Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness
You get to:
· Strategically lead, coach, and coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to harvest and fresh sausage processing food safety and quality processes and systems for harvest and fresh sausage processing, to include defining performance measures.
· Work with the harvest and fresh sausage processing teams to define food safety and quality performance measures.
· Identify trends and process variation in conjunction with the Harvest/Fresh Sausage Team; execute corrective actions to optimize the safety and quality of products
· Manage the contract sanitation; identify trends and process issues, require corrective actions when needed
· Be the lead person for outside audits (SQF and customer)and maintain required programs
· Act as a liaison for plant operations on food safety and quality policies/issues as they relate to both internal/external customers and third party vendors
· Be the main plant representative to the USDA and other regulatory agencies, while ensuring compliance to GMP standards, USDA and other regulatory requirements
· Coordinate troubleshooting of day-to-day food safety and quality opportunities to help the teams define comprehensive, proactive solutions
· Use your technical expertise to educate members on food safety and quality applications and systems
· Act as a lead resource to the plant operations and quality teams and facility representative for the Exceptional Product Team
· Serve as a direct coach to develop future leaders as a pipeline for future food safety and quality roles and/or operational leadership positions.
· As a key core leader, drive results towards achieving operational key performance indicators measured in the areas of safety, quality, service, cost, and member development.
· Lead capital pipeline planning efforts for the food safety and quality areas
· Work with members to identify productivity savings opportunities
What You Bring To The Job:
· BS in Food Science, Meat Science, Microbiology or related field and 5-7 years of experience in a quality leadership role required
· Experience in the food industry required; meat/poultry processing and harvest preferred
· Knowledge and understanding of microbiology laboratory preferred
· Understanding of Safe Quality Food program preferred
· Understanding of fresh product shelf life and microbiology
· Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement processes (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
· Experience working in SAP Business Operating System desired
· Proficient with data management and Statistical Process Control
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Project management and team leadership skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
· Knowledge and understanding of food safety, HACCP systems, USDA/FDA, Animal Handling and Welfare programs and regulatory requirements
· Demonstrated ability to develop others
· Willing to travel up to 10% of the time using FSQ expertise in a variety of roles
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com