The comprehensive food
safety information website
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER – OWATONNA, MN
This position is responsible for management of the quality control functions and quality control personnel for labeling and production in Owatonna. Responsible to carry out the policies of Lakeside Foods to produce a high quality product consistent with customer specifications and government regulations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as Lakeside Foods Policy and Procedures related to food safety and quality are followed at all times.
· Ensure the proper application of 21 CFR 113 for thermal processing of low acid canned foods including proper equipment, proper calibration for CCP monitoring equipment, proper application of the filed scheduled process, etc.
· Ensure updated and proper application of all SSOPs, bacteriological monitoring and investigation, and sanitation inspections.
· Ensure the maintenance of all quality control programs, procedures, documentation, and statistical records including X-Bar Charts.
· Review all daily processing records to ensure compliance to 21 CFR 110, 21 CFR 113, customer specifications, Lakeside Foods Policy, etc.
· Determine the quality level of product and assign grades based on Lakeside Foods Policy and Procedures.
· Assist in FDA, USDA, State, Third Party, internal, and customer audits and inspections.
· Communicate real-time quality data to all affected departments to ensure customer specifications are continuously met.
· Thoroughly investigate and respond to customer complaints on a timely basis.
· Ensure proper management of the Owatonna held product, storage condition, and quality of labeling, packaging, and shipping operations.
· Ensure employees maintain work areas in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
· Notify General Manager immediately if any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
· May perform other duties as assigned by the General Managers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· A Food Science degree or Technical courses in Chemistry, Bacteriology or a related field, with three or more years of practical experience or a combination of both. A knowledge of vegetable canning/ freezing is preferred.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
TEAMWORK AT LAKESIDE (TAL):
· Through individual and team efforts, enthusiastically work toward the continuous improvement of his/her job, work area, department and Lakeside as a whole. Fully participate in TAL by "living" Lakeside's Standards of Conduct and being an active member of operational and project teams. By action and work, clearly and visibly demonstrate the spirit of teamwork, cooperation and respect for others in all business transactions and exchanges.
· Proactively create an environment that clearly and sincerely encourages the spirit of TAL in all areas of responsibility.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website: http://lakesidefoods.com/careers/opportunities/
Lakeside Foods welcomes people of all backgrounds and the varied ideas they bring to the workplace. Being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer is part of our heritage and culture. We recruit, hire and promote employees based on qualifications and merit, without regard to race, religion, age, gender, disability, marital or veteran status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com