Kitchen - Quality Assurance - Upper Marlboro, MD
Choolaah Indian BBQ
Performs professional work inspecting, coordinating and monitoring quality
control, sanitation, food safety and hygiene programs for the Wholesome Foods
Kitchen; and performs related duties as required. QA works under the
technical and general supervision of the FTL.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
• Inspects and monitors quality of in-process food production batches such as
temperatures, consistencies, counts, weights, compliance with food quality
control and sanitation standards and procedures.
• Monitors the HACCP program (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points);
maintains, standardized forms and recipes and other records related to HACCP;
responsible for the overall documentation.
• Monitors all production areas of the Wholesome Foods Kitchen to ensure
compliance with established HACCP policies and procedures; stops any
operation not meeting food quality control standards.
• Samples food products daily for taste, quality and pH levels.
• Submits product and environmental samples for microbiological testing;
evaluates the results of this testing and communicates the appropriate
corrective action to food FTL and team members; documents actions taken.
• Initiates problem solving with FTL and shift supervisors in response to
quality-related production problems; reports problems and action taken to the
appropriate leaders. Assist in the R&D process of new recipes; tests
batches in cooperation with the DOC and FTL.
• Assist in calculation of batch size changes and adjustments to standardized
recipes; maintains records of changes.
• Monitors sanitation inspections of the whole facility, food production
areas and equipment.
• Monitors pest control for the kitchen; reports and documents results (FTL,
shift supervisor, and 3 party inspection company)
• Provides assistance to FTL with complaints, emergencies, food safety
issues, solutions to product concerns, recommendations for substitutions,
food service records and actions taken, and other food-related issues.
• Documents and reports the results of investigation of problems and
complaints to the FTL and senior management as appropriate.
• Plays a big role in all necessary HACCP reviews and revisions.
• Considerable knowledge
of nutrition theory and principles and how large-scale food preparation
operations affect food quality.
• Considerable knowledge of quantity food production methods and quality
control, sanitation and safety standards and procedures.
• Working knowledge of city, state and federal environmental health and food
ordinances and regulations.
• Working knowledge of computerized processes
• Considerable ability to observe and correct physical conditions to conform
with established guidelines.
• Considerable ability to interact tactfully and effectively with co-workers,
outside agencies and the public representing diverse cultural, ethnic and
• Working ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Organized, attention to detail.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work with other people in close quarters.
• Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
• Continuous use of hands and arms. Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb
ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
• Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (Coolers, ovens, Freezer,
• Must be able to work legally.
Maryland, United States