The Quality Assurance Specialist is
responsible for assisting with the leadership of the Quality Assurance
program under the direction of the Corporate Food Safety/Quality Assurance
Manager in our Los Angeles facility. The Quality Assurance Specialist will
operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is expected to manage
multiple tasks on a tight timeline to meet company and customer request.
NOTE: MUST HAVE FOOD
PROCESSING EXPERIENCE .
- Lead with leading the Quality
Assurance program in the Los Angeles facility.
- Assist in maintaining existing
Quality Systems, including internal audit program, document control,
CAPA, and other quality systems as appropriate.
- Assure the timely reporting of
quality metrics to Corporate Food Safety/Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assist in facilitating c
internal and external quality audits.
- Maintain the internal
requirements for all customer-based audits.
- Prepare corrective action log
for all internal audits.
- Report to Corporate Food
Safety/Quality Assurance Manager on all food safety/quality issues.
- Maintain organized and accurate
- Participate on cross-functional
teams to implement and sustain company principles.
- Lead and/or represent the
Quality Assurance department in cross-functional meetings to resolve
quality, technical and services related issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree required, field of study:
Biology, Microbiology, Food Science
3 plus years of experience in QA Systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to work from written and verbal
· Must be able to follow SOPs and
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
while remaining productive at all times.
· Ability to stay positive and calm in
difficult and/or trying circumstances.
· Ability to write route reports and
· Must speak, read and write English.
· Must be able to work in a team
environment and possess team-based problem-solving skills.
· Must be focused and oriented toward an
accomplishment of the team and organizational goals.
· Must be able to work flexible hours to
include longer days, weekends when needed.
· Ability to effectively interact with all
levels of personnel with the utmost professionalism.
· Experience with FDA, customer and third
· Understanding of GMS, SSOP"s and
· Thorough understanding of general safety
· Ability to operate material handling
· Basic knowledge of local, state and
federal driver regulations.
Travel Requirements: This position may
require domestic travel to our other facilities in Los Angeles, CA, and
Brooklyn NY, if/when needed. This position will report directly to the
Corporate Food Safety/Quality Assurance Manager based in our plant in
Vernon, CA This position will also have a dotted line reporting to the
Sacramento Plant Manager.
- Proficient with Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as quality control
application, spreadsheets, and databases.
Certifications & Licenses:
- HACCP Certified or must be
certified within 1 year of employment. SQF experience helpful.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- Food Processing: 3 years
- QA Systems: 3 years