Food Technologist II – Gig Harbor, WA
All times are in Pacific Standard Time.
Metagenics is a global lifestyle
medicine company, offering products and programs exclusively to health care
practitioners. For over 30 years, we have been driven by a scientific
concept: How the right nutrition can help people realize their best health possible.
We don't compromise on safety, efficacy, or quality - to make sure that we
deliver the best results possible. Time after time. Bottle after bottle. We
carefully monitor all products to assure purity and safety, from formulation
and ingredient selection all the way to the final product. We offer more
educational support for health care professionals than anyone else in our
field - keeping them in touch with the latest research and nutritional
approaches to help manage today’s most common illnesses. Metagenics
is dedicated to helping people live a happier, healthier life by realizing
their genetic potential.
position is responsible for prototype and pilot preparation and formula
creation, including flavor, cost, nutritional evaluation, and conducting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform bench preparation of
prototypes and pilots with minimal supervision.
- Make adjustments to formulas in
Excel and on the bench and evaluate impact to product cost.
- Perform double check of R&D
- Conduct sensory evaluations.
- Set up shelf life evaluations.
- Ensure raw materials meet Metagenics specifications.
- Communicate with suppliers
- Evaluate product label claims and
make recommendations to Product Development management.
- Acts as Product Development point
person for Product Requests for the Clinic.
- Access information in Metagenics Inventory System (Finesse) on an as
- Competently access information in
Genesis nutritional software.
- Communicate with Purchasing, QC
and Manufacturing regarding specific issues as directed by upper Product
- Some direct communication with
Marketing category managers regarding formula details.
- Order lab supplies; support
general laboratory upkeep and organization. Solicits lab equipment
information from Manufacturers
- Receive and log incoming and
preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work
performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management
reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of
different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified
employees can perform the essential functions of the accounts receivable manager.
Contacts and Relationships:
- Internal- Manufacturing, QA/QC,
- External- Suppliers
- Directly to the Manager of
Qualifications and Guidelines:
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science or
- 2-4 years experience.
- Formulation knowledge.
- Experience performing flavor and
product improvements on the bench.
- Experience conducting sensory
- Experience preparing bench
- Experience with nutritional
- Familiarity with Nutritional
Bars, Probiotics, Softgels, Liquids, RTD’s
and/or Infant Nutrition formulations is a plus
- Competency with Microsoft
Outlook, Excel, Word and Access, and Genesis R&D.
- Good verbal and written
- Flexibility to handle various
tasks and projects simultaneously and deliver promptly to timelines.
- Ability to meet flavor work and
Metagenics, and its companies are
committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment,
hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of
this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are
minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.