Food Safety - Mount Pleasant, PA
DeLallo Company †
The Food Safety & Quality
Assurance Technician is a position that spans responsibility for
overseeing the quality and safety of raw materials and finished product
during the pre-operational and operational processes of food production in
our facilities. This position is responsible for monitoring pre-requisite
programs and audits (internal and external) to measure compliance with QA and
Food Safety procedures and regulations. Along with implementing and managing
current technology and information, this position will collect and maintain
the most up-to-date knowledge and continually work to improve efficiency of
food quality and safety procedures.
- Oversees and monitors operations
for compliance with policies and procedures of QA and food safety
including, but not limited to, GMP, SOP, SSOP, HACCP, Pest Control and
- Oversees and monitors regulatory
and company pre-requisite programs and audits (both internal and third
party) to support company and customer QA programs.
- Communicates closely and
efficiently with production, buying and R&D regarding acceptance,
rejection and disposition of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for monitoring and
ensuring high standards of food processing sanitation at the
pre-operational and operational stages of production.
- Identifying and assessing key
risks to QA and food safety policies and procedures.
- Provides necessary support to
operations to ensure consistency and maintenance of high-quality
products, as well as proper food safety and safety performance.
- Performs sensory evaluation and
analysis of raw material samples, finished goods samples and retention
- Directly manages QA Technicians
- Strong written and verbal
- Superior proofreading,
organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Advanced customer service and
- Strong management and leadership
- Knowledge of food product
development and processes, food safety and allergens.
- Ability to multitask and thrive
in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelorís degree in food science
or technology, microbiology, chemistry or related field.
- Must have at least five (5) years
of progressively responsible QA and Food Safety experience.
- At least (2) years
experience in food manufacturing setting.
- Microbiology experience as it
relates to food manufacturing environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of
SQF, FDA, FSMA updates and USDA food regulations and documentation
- Prior department management
experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid driverís
license without restrictions.
What We Offer
- Paid vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401K with company-match
- Growth opportunities for those
interested in advancing their career with DeLallo
If you enjoy being part of a great
team, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and excel at providing excellent
customer service, we want to talk to you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.