The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager - Mukilteo, WA 98275
Himalayan Pet Supply
$38,400 - $45,000 a year
We are currently seeking a QA Manager
QA Manager oversees the day to day functions of our Quality Department. This position will provide leadership to ensure an efficient and compliant Quality function. This position will report to the Regulatory Quality and R&D Officer and will oversee the QA Technicians and QA Associates. Relevant skills and experience in a pet food manufacturing plant required.
* In coordination with the Regulatory Quality and R&D Officer, implement and manage all necessary food safety and quality programs as required by company policy and applicable regulations. Programs include: Maintain, update and monitor HACCP program HACCP Policy including review of HACCP records, and responding to the technical needs of our customers and our Business Development Managers.
* Manage company product quality program including defining and monitoring quality KPI's (Key Performance Indicator) to maintain product consistency throughout the product cycle.
* Manage department staff, acting as coach and mentor and ensuring employee loyalty and retention.
* Assist with the management of all regulator documentation for the company, including company AIB, APHIS and SQF certifications.
* Assist with managing customer and consumer complaints. Communicate and interface with production, sales and purchasing on all quality issues.
* Oversee interface with Regulatory agencies (USDA, FDA, WSDA, GFSI), including accompanying regulator agents when they are at the plant for inspection, making reports, and performing corrective actions.
* Collect, maintain and review all quality data. Maintain product quality and safety related documents in both digital format and hard copy.
* Responsible for label review and hold program maintenance.
* Complete pasteurization validation studies.
* Assist Regulatory Quality and R&D Officer with weekly quality meetings.
* Point of contact for first-aid kit maintenance.
* Participate in the review of labeling regulatory compliance.
* Oversee the work of the QA Technician.
* Responsible for verifying the accuracy of and approving time cards to hourly employees.
* Responsible for approving ingredient and nutritional statements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Assist in the Company's annual training programs
* Provides options and makes decisions around the balance between quality, time, and cost
* Pushes for efficiencies, helps establish quality goals, drives the quality goal to completion
* Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective and preventative actions
* Relevant four-year degree in Food Science or Microbiology or equivalent combination of job experience and education is preferred.
* Knowledge of Pet food/treat regulatory environment is preferable.
* Minimum 4 years experiences in pet food industry (pet treat product manufacturing preferred).
* Relevant experience in implement of food safety, food defense and CGMP systems and programs. Must have experience in HACCP program management.
* Must have hands-on experience with regulatory inspectors (FDA, USDA, GFSI, AIB).
* Experience managing a team.
* Basic HACCP training is a minimum requirement, advance HACCP training preferred.
* Knowledge of sanitation, CGMP's, personal hygiene, allergen control, BTA, recall and traceability, and SSOP's
* Managerial experience and capability required. Strong mentoring skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels of organization.
* Ability to align duties and daily execution to established company goals.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Strong proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Team-focused mentality.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,400.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com