The comprehensive food
safety information website
Under the direction of the QA Manager or Sr. Quality Manager the QC supervisor plans, directs and implements quality programs to ensure the highest standards of quality that meet customer specifications, in accordance with company policies and procedures. The QC Supervisor may also participate in overseeing production on a rotational basis as needed.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· SQF Practitioner with responsibility for food safety and quality.
· In the absence of a lab supervisor: Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the hourly production & lab employees to ensure the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, the meeting of company performance standards and customer delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Ensure all quality standards and procedures are maintained.
· Participate on cross functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity, Good Manufacturing Practices and quality, while reducing costs
· Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company's standards for quality, and safety, consistent with company principles.
· Maintain the certification and compliance of the plant, laboratory, testing equipment and laboratory technicians as needed.
· Monitor insect and pest activity. Coordinate with sub contracted pest controllers to identify and resolve problems.
· Participate in customer and regulatory agency visits and audits. Accompany visitors and accommodate their requests as possible.
· Work with sanitation to verify and validate effective cleaning.
· May be assigned to coordinate a specialty function plant wide, such as production planning and/or scheduling, sanitation, safety, etc.
· Participate in supervisory and quality meetings and programs.
· Oversee and coordinate activities of the environmental sanitation programs in compliance with state and federal regulations.
· Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve quality, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
· Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production or quality, and assist workers in problem solving techniques.
· Maintain and control departmental supplies, tools, equipment, etc; order as necessary.
· Completes special projects as assigned.
· Handles any other duties assigned.
· Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, inventory, inspection, and sanitation reports, documentation, processing/CIP charts, maintenance work orders, etc.
· Back-up to QA Manager or Lab Supervisor as applicable.
· Ensures compliance with corporate quality procedures and laboratory methods.
· Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations, and departmental housekeeping standards.
All job functions to be completed in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, company guidelines and policies.
· Strong leadership/mentoring skills
· Able to build and align a team around a shared vision
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; able to learn various PC-based production and operations applications)
· Basic financial and business acumen
· Entry-Level Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma program knowledge
· Proven problem solving skills
· Excellent knowledge of safe working practices
· Excellent problem solving to maintain/increase productivity and quality levels to agreed targets.
· Demonstrates good judgment in decision-making
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; to talk or hear; and to taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions; extreme cold, extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally performs work related travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Requires the use of a hair net, hearing protection, eye protection, gloves, respirators, apron, boots, bump cap, and the appropriate sanitation equipment as needed.
Please apply online at: www.foremostfarms.com
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com