The comprehensive food
safety information website
Senior / Principal Scientist, Microbiology - Ocean Spray Cranberries
is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and
grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and Chile who have helped
preserve the family farming way of life for generations. Formed in 1930,
Ocean Spray is now the world's leading producer of cranberry juices, juice
drinks and dried cranberries and is the best-selling brand in the bottled
juice category. The cooperative's cranberries are currently featured in more
than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 50 countries
worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 cranberry receiving and
processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a
way that respects our communities, employees and the environment.
· Lead and maintain practices, procedures, and documentation in the Food Microbiology Laboratory to ensure compliance with Good Laboratory Practices.
· Lead microbiological method qualification efforts. Ensure the use of approved procedures.
· Proactively explore alternative microbiological methods to increase speed to obtain results and/or sensitivity.
· Proactively explore novel microbial control processes. Set up validation protocols in compliance with regulatory requirements. Generate, analyze data, and deliver effective reports.
· Investigate the antimicrobial activity and synergisms of traditional and novel systems.
· Perform Microbiological risk assessments for new or changes to product, process or package.
· Review, update or implement Microbiology/Food Safety policies and procedures. Recommend and implement changes and improvements to microbiological procedures.
· Deliver training on microbiological testing.
· Lead implementation and monitoring
of microbiological control processes and the design of thermal processes
· M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Microbiology, Biology or Food Science. Leadership experience in an FDA regulated industry for the Principal level. 2+ years experience for Senior level; 5+ years experience for Principal level.
· Food safety experience with a solid understanding of preventive controls for microbiological and other hazards. Well-versed in the design of thermal processes.
· Knowledge of microbiological methods and method qualification.
· Knowledge of food and water microbiology to be able to support microbiological risk assessments and food safety and food spoilage prevention strategies.
· Understanding of physical and chemical microbial control procedures and effect on foods.
· Understanding of factors affecting microbial growth and how they are applied to mitigate microbial risks in foods and beverages.
initiative and critical thinking. Ability to solve problems and overcome
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/r73f7qyyvk
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org