The comprehensive food
safety information website
R and D Food Technician – Riverside, CA
R and D Food Technician
First / Day
September 9, 2016
3452 University Avenue
Research and Development
This role will be responsible for conducting analysis to determine the composition of properties of foods, raw materials, ingredients and packaging for new product development. The incumbent will work collaboratively with various departments on the development of creative new foods and improvement of current items for the menus and product offerings at Farmer Boys. In addition, the candidate will oversee product, procedures, and processes in the test stores and ensure compliance with the implementation guide, correct placement of marketing materials.
Essential Job Functions
· Assist chef and operations with product cuttings to ensure adherence to recipe specifications.
· Work with operations and food Safety to determine shelf life for new prep recipes and products on the line in new menu development.
· Make recommendation on products in test based on testing and or procedural revisions. • Assist in the development of plating of new menu items in-house and to go packaging.
· Work with corporate and franchise R&D test stores, oversee running tests and provide recommendations.
· Vet out processes and procedures for new and existing menu items.
· Review with Operations new processes and procedures and make changes as needed.
· Provide training to the area managers according to the supplied implementation guide for each R&D test as well as assist in training test units per implementation guide.
· Collaborate with marketing on survey complaints, monitor test store feedback and provide resolutions and recommendations.
· Partner with training on changes and revisions to training materials after product testing.
· Support rollout of new products by partnering with training and operations for system wide roll out.
· Audit random locations after system wide launch to ensure compliance.
· Conduct yield, waste, holding, and various other tests.
· Initiate nutritional analysis with consulting company for new products and new vendors.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skill and Abilities
Education: Bachelor's degree in Food Science is required.
· Team player with a creative problem solving approach and attention to detail is required.
· Ability to work independently and collaborate with different departments cross functionally throughout the organization.
· Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Candidate must have working knowledge in Excel, Publisher and Microsoft Word.
· Requires pushing, pulling, climbing and use of tools, equipment, and machinery.
· Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to taste all food products, including meat, poultry, eggs, seafood and other known allergens required.
· Valid driver license and proof of current insurance required.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org