The comprehensive food
safety information website
QC Lab Tech – Protein Research – Livermore, CA
Keys to success in this role are having initiative, attention to detail, strong lab skills (such as PH testing, IR scan, database review), and an understanding of chemistry and microbiology. This position offers growth opportunity and collaboration with other team members on projects.
· Maintains product quality control by performing standard checks and analysis and completing required records. Works with production to collect in-process and finish product samples for evaluation.
· Tests and analyzes incoming raw material samples and files appropriate documentation, including Certificates of Analysis and test results.
· Conducts appropriate QC tests and completes all documentation on incoming material, in-process and finished product. These tests include: IR scan, weight, density, particle size, disintegration, hardness, friability, pH, moisture, etc.
· Maintains quality of laboratory instrumentation.
· Develops and implements micro-lab processes and procedures. Runs all incoming material through micro lab and documents test results.
· Coordinates and prepares Research and Development samples that will be sent to third-party outside testing laboratories.
· Maintains sample log, which includes issuing tracking number for samples developed by Protein Research.
· Reviews specification sheets and test results. Files and keeps track of documentation records as needed.
· Supports all phases of lab record keeping.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field
· Two to four years related experience
· Previous experience in the nutritional industry preferred
· Technical aptitude and ability to read, understand and analyze CofA’s, Supplement Facts, Product Specs, Etc.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Acute attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
· Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MRP Software, preferably DBA Manufacturing
· Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts
· Working knowledge of statistical analysis of data, laboratory instrumentation and troubleshooting, and laboratory analysis
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org