The comprehensive food
safety information website
Sanitation Manager - 3rd shift - Club Chef - Covington, KY
Club Chef, LLC
· Direct responsibility for Plant Sanitation. Supervises cleaning of plant and equipment within GMP guidelines and SOPs and 7 Steps of Sanitation. Ensures plant sanitation meets all company and regulatory standards.
· Follows all Company policies and procedures, which include SOPs, Employee Handbook, Food Quality Policies, GMP Handbook, HACCP, and Safety Procedures.
· Responsible for ensuring and monitoring all quality and food safety systems in place for the production of quality products manufactured under clean, safe, and wholesome conditions.
· Interview, recommend hiring, instruct, train, and motivate employees.
· Develops a team approach in the effective utilization of available manpower. Responsible for all hires, terminations, and disciplinary actions for sanitation personnel. Overall Supervision of department of up to 75 employees.
· Oversees Master Cleaning Schedule for Sanitation. Coordinates cleaning and maintains records.
· Ensures OSHA compliance with chemical usage. Trains employees on chemical Labeling and Safety Data Sheet requirements. Ensures that cleaning agents are properly used.
· Verifies employees are complying with all requirements, company procedures, and state and federal regulations.
· Monitors chemical area to ensure containers are properly labeled and that the cage is secure at all times. Oversees training of sanitation personnel about securing chemicals.
· Oversees Hazard Communication training for sanitation employees and verifies all employees have been trained in the proper use and handling of the chemicals and equipment, including chemical security.
· Orders cleaning chemicals. Verifies New Chemical Approval forms have been approved for Sanitation chemicals and that there is a Safety Data Sheet available for each chemical. Submits New Chemical Approval Form when needed. Complies with Chemical Management Procedure.
· Enforces company rules, such as attendance, food safety, production quality, safety, GMPs, and efficiency. Disciplines subordinates when non-compliance occurs.
· Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulations relating to food safety and personnel safety such as FDA, USDA, OSHA, etc. Complies with all other regulations and laws affecting the company (business law, trade secrets, personnel practices, etc.).
· Writes SOPs for Sanitation and trains subordinate personnel on SOPs and ensure compliance with procedures, when needed.
· Conducts food safety and personnel safety training.
· Ensures compliance with the companys personnel protective equipment guidelines.
· Constantly seeks ways to improve operations through automation and system refinement.
· Identifies problems and develops appropriate solutions.
· Coordinates with Human Resources regarding staffing, safety, compensation, payroll, corrective actions and other issues as needed.
in both internal and external food safety audits.
· Ability to build strong relationships, provide excellent customer service, and problem solve.
· Must have the ability to organize, direct, evaluate, and correct the sanitation operations
· Must have a minimum of 5 years experience managing sanitation in a food manufacturing facility.
· Knowledge & experience with Food Safety Audits.
· Must possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Must be computer proficient with spreadsheets and word-processing.
be able to develop and mentor subordinate employees for future
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org