The comprehensive food
safety information website
R&D Technician II – Kansas
Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Title: Research and Development Technician
Reports To: R&D Director
Overall Focus: To help manage and organize the development and execution of new products and improvements of existing products
FLSA Designation: Non Exempt
Salary Grade: R&D Technician II Level: 13
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Serves as support of R&D Team in the development and execution of new formulas, formula changes and product changes
· Provides support for other teams as requested
· Ensures that all products meet the requirements of the AINSWORTH Safe Quality Foods Program
· Reports any food safety issues to the R&D Director
· Serves as the designee of the R&D Food Scientist in dealing with reported food safety issues or maintenance of the SQF system.
· Supports operations in selection and use of equipment for pet food production
· Provides technical expertise and training as requested
(Knowledge and skills necessary to meet organizational objectives)
Education/Training: BSc in Chemistry, Biology or Food Science preferred
Certifications/Licenses: Degree in Machinist or Maintenance Technician is a plus
Experience: 3-5 years extrusion experience in a Food Factory or in a Chemistry Lab
Skills: excellent communications, math, computer, planning and time management skills
CORE COMPETENCIES (Abilities required of all positions)
JOB- RELATED COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of this position)
· Verbal and Math Skills – College degree level
· Understanding of and ability to use basic statistics, chemistry and math.
· Knowledge of production and extrusion process
· Detail oriented
· Strong work ethics, time management and problem solving skills
· Analytical capabilities
· Computer skills—Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· A demonstrated ability to influence people and get results through others
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Planning and organization skills
· Ability to work with little or no supervision
(Necessary to perform essential functions of job with or without an accommodation)
Ability to regularly function in a typical office environment and operate related equipment – computer, copier, telephone, etc., as well as, low risk manufacturing environment – able to observe and get around equipment, using PPE, if required.
Ability to travel by plane, car or other ground transportation, as needed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com