Lead Research and Development projects both in the
Culinary Center and in the production facility from start to finish.
Communicate with internal support personnel (sales, production, QA,
R&D) and external support (suppliers, customers) to complete projects.
Must be a highly positive, self-motivated individual, comfortable working
individually and able to manage multiple tasks and projects efficiently
within the context of a fast-paced, busy environment
- Serve as project leader to design,
develop, and improve new and existing products and interface with the
Company’s Sales Department and key customers on R&D projects they
are assigned to.
- Develop and organize projects
from initialization to finished projects while managing timelines,
pricing, customer expectations and communications.
- Work independently, while
remaining a team player as the success of one depends on the success
- Ensure team understands project
direction and is updated frequently.
- Lead project cuttings for taste
evaluations and overall acceptance of products. Be proficient in
evaluation methodologies and organoleptic knowledge.
- Assist in constant improvement
of processes, SOPs, project management, and efficiency.
- Coordinate a variety of
projects using different substrates, marinades, coatings, and process
- Evaluate new ingredients for
development work, including gathering initial pricing and regulatory
documentation for said ingredients.
- Coordinate activities with the
R&D Technician(s), using them as a resource on projects.
- Assist in keeping the company
on trend with flavors and new products.
- 2 years
formulation and/or culinary experience preferred.
- Culinary or Food Science Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
products and overall computer savvy
- Ability to work independently
Job Type: Full-time
- Formulation and/or Culinary: 2