The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Control Supervisor – SunOpta - Carson City, NV
Job Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Location: Carson City, Nevada
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating quality inspection of ingredients, and materials produced in the manufacturing processes by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates, and supporting the leadership team and employees at the site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain most current product specification making sure latest version is active in all departments
· Incoming ingredient vendor approval and organize supplier approval questionnaires, Create, maintain and train all documents required in the SQF auditing system including SOP's, SSOP's for the lab
· Set up controls as needed to check lab procedures and equipment conduct and report quarterly lab proficiency testing. Responsible for all send outs - customer samples, outside lab submittals and customer 'sample requests' responsible for accurate COA's being sent to the customer. Responsible for resampling of finished product in a timely fashion to distinguish good from reject product
· Manage accurate reporting of all in-bound product, materials, supplies and inventories in storage.
· Maintain environmental program. Maintain lab sample retention program
· Maintain proper maintenance of lab equipment and schedule calibrations for plant equipment related to Quality
· Develop, maintain and train all laboratory SOP's
· Manage Quality Data entry for facility operations
· Assist Quality Manager with SQF needs
· Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
· Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
· Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
· Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
· All other duties as assigned.
Supervision of Quality Control Technicians
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in Microbiology or related field; MBA or Master’s Degree.
Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of food manufacturing. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience in Oracle is beneficial.
Travel may be required to various SunOpta locations and for meetings or other job related functions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 95% of work is performed in an office environment. 5% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com