The comprehensive food
safety information website
Laboratory Technician – Bell & Evans – Fredericksburg, PA
Located in Fredericksburg, PA, Bell and Evans is the established expert and industry leader of humanely raised, premium chicken, selling exclusively to premier outlets. Since 1894, we pioneered many industry firsts and lead through innovation, with standards second-to-none. Here, you’ll have the ability to influence change and see your ideas come to fruition. Our decisions are based on what’s best for our chickens and customers, not cost. Trust in a company that has stood the test of time and work for the best in the industry.
Laboratory Technician Job Summary (See the Job Description for a comprehensive list of duties): The Laboratory Technician will provide support to the Bell & Evans Quality Assurance department by performing microbiological, chemical, and sensory analysis on environmental and product samples. This position will be responsible for adhering to Good Laboratory Practices and maintaining the supplies and equipment for the laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Prepare and test environmental and product samples for microbiological analysis, including, but not limited to: Salmonella, Campylobacter, Staphylococcus aureus, APC, Lactic Acid Bacteria, Enterobacteriaceae, Yeast and Mold.
· Prepare and test product samples for chemical analysis, including, but not limited to: pH, moisture, fat, protein, and ash.
· Perform shelf life testing of products through microbiological analysis, chemical testing, and sensory evaluations.
· Prepare and arrange for sample shipments to external laboratories when applicable.
· Develop, implement, and maintain laboratory SOPs and work instructions for all job duties.
· Document and report test results in the form of COAs to appropriate customers.
· Perform and maintain calibration of laboratory equipment.
· Work closely with internal customers (operations, QA, R&D) to provide best in class service.
· Ensure quality and integrity of test results by adhering to Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
· Maintain laboratory and equipment under sanitary conditions.
· Provide support to the Quality Assurance department by participating in projects, internal and external audits, and other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (Due to the high volume of applicants, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be selected for interviews):
· Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or related field AND 1-year experience in a microbiology laboratory; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proficient in aseptic techniques and a working knowledge of laboratory testing methodology and equipment (pipettors, incubators, stomachers, pH meters, etc.)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes.
· Strong verbal and written communication, independence, time management, and precision skills.
o Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage offered with $0 Co-pay and $0 Deductible!
o Vacation and personal days offered
o 401k Match
o Life Insurance
o Competitive pay
o 7 Paid Holidays off
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com