The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Supervisor – Bell & Evans – Fredericksburg, PA
Located in Fredericksburg, PA, Bell and Evans is the established expert and industry leader of humanely raised, premium chicken, selling exclusively to premier outlets. Since 1894, we pioneered many industry firsts and lead through innovation, with standards second-to-none. Here, you’ll have the ability to influence change and see your ideas come to fruition. Our decisions are based on what’s best for our chickens and customers, not cost. Trust in a company that has stood the test of time and work for the best in the industry.
Quality Assurance Supervisor-Third shift Job Summary (See the Job Description for a comprehensive list of duties):
Supervise day-to-day operations of the Quality Assurance (QA) department including QA technicians. This position is responsible for developing all necessary tools for training, troubleshooting, problem elimination and streamlining all processes within the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and development of all Quality Assurance Programs and Policies.
· Ensure the QA department and Lab is following and enforcing all food safety regulations and policies regarding facilities, equipment and production.
· Supports the facility in ensuring food safety programs and regulatory requirements are being met.
· Ensures accurate inspection and reporting of required information.
· Establishes and maintains inspection procedures and frequencies. Oversees statistical charting and inspection findings.
· Uses available data to aid in continuous improvement on products and process.
· Accomplishes all paperwork in accordance with established time frames and record keeping requirements.
· Facilitates organization of quality related records.
· Demonstrates knowledge of inspection requirements and customer expectations.
· Schedule staff to effectively meet all required inspections and tasks.
· Assists in management of food safety programs and audit requirements.
· Oversee implementation of HACCP, SSOP, GMP, prerequisite programs, and other audit related programs by appropriate personnel.
· Daily review of the records and inspections related to these programs.
· Manage people and resources to meet business goals and regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrate strong leader and team building.
· Effectively communicates specifications, quality, and foods safety related requirements to necessary personnel.
· Guides and develops cooperative relationships between plant and quality personnel.
· Ensures accurate and effective training of necessary personnel.
Required Qualifications (Due to the high volume of applicants, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be selected for interviews):
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a 4-year college or a combination of 5 years related experience or training.
· 1 year of direct QA supervision. Preferably in poultry processing
· Strong computer skills including the ability to use MS Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint.
· Demonstrates knowledge of food safety programs and regulatory requirements related to the programs
· Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage offered with $0 Co-pay and $0 Deductible!
· Vacation and personal days offered
· 401k Match
· Life Insurance
· Competitive pay
· 7 Paid Holidays off
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com