The comprehensive food
safety information website
Summer Intern, Food Science - Tukwila,
Interns make a big difference on CM’s Research & Development team by working on projects that directly impact our products, processes and systems. Past intern projects have focused on ingredients that impact multiple products, specific product formulations, clean labels with our Regulatory & Compliance team, as well as new product development. You’ll learn about how food science is used in food manufacturing and experience food product research activities in a corporate setting with exposure to production plant facilities. You’ll gain real life experience and make a real contribution to our products and team.
· Participate in product development and commercialization process and develops an understanding of ingredient technology and function
· Hands on research and development preparing and evaluating consumer baking mixes, coatings, beverages, sauces, and snacks
· Accurately document research findings in CM’s product development system and develop understanding of relationship between functions
· Lead, execute and present a research project on a current CM initiative determined by the R&D Intern team
· Prepare and lead a short course with literature to be shared with the RD team on a topic relevant to the food industry as it applies to Continental Mills.
Skills & Experience:
· Working knowledge of scientific techniques and standard lab equipment, though 1 year of Food Chemistry Fundamentals preferred
· Self-starter with innate curiosity about food and desire to learn
· Able to work independently and in a team environment, helps others and brings a positive attitude
· Understanding of food safety and sanitation
· Current student having completed Junior year towards B.S. or M.S in Food Science or related field
· Must be 18 years of age and legal to work without sponsorship in the United States
If you’re interested in a role where you’ll learn ton, work on projects that will build your career, and where your work will actually impact the business, we hope you’ll consider this opportunity with Continental Mills! Our goal is to be the most innovative, creative and admired company in the food industry, and you can help us get there. Hope to see you this summer!
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
Tukwila, Washington, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com