The comprehensive food
safety information website
Produce Inspector Quality Assurance Ė 17000602
Ė Monterey, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complete evaluations of field packed commodity items for quality, food safety and regulatory compliance, as needed, based on risk analysis. Report results in US Foods database. Communicate results to harvest crew leader and vendor company QA. Train field personnel in US Foods specifications, ensuring they can pack without constant US Foods presence.
2. Complete evaluations of processed produce items for quality, food safety and regulatory compliance, based on risk analysis. Report and track results in the US Foods data base.
3. Take an active role in improving consistency of supplier produce quality.
4. Be knowledgeable in all US Foods products and processes at the vendor locations. Take an active role in vendorís iCiX compliance, understand risks and mitigation at the facilities, follow up on complaints, review the GFSI corrective action plans and the risk assessments.
5. Effectively communicate with FSQA management, category management and divisions on supplier adherence to expectations and product adherence to specification and field approvals.
6. Take an active role in the development and presentation of communication materials for divisions on fresh produce.
7. Effectively communicate US Foods product specifications, supplier expectations, food safety and quality parameters and policies, procedures and complaints on produce to USF personnel, suppliers and customers.
8. Update and create specifications and SOPís as needed.
9. Participate in Scoop cross functional meetings and first productions as assigned.
10. Maintain compliance with all USF compliance alerts, internal policies and procedures.
11. Drive continuous improvement within the job, the department and the organization and complete other duties as assigned.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
∑ Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Food Science or other science-based curriculum preferred; High school graduate mandatory
∑ A minimum of 3 years experience in FSQA in produce OR at least 5 years in FSQA required
∑ Ability to live in Yuma for 5 months (Nov -Apr)
∑ Must have a vehicle for work use that can be used for off road driving
∑ Must possess valid driverís license
∑ Ability to lift 50 pounds
∑ Ability to work in wet, cold muddy conditions (walking in the fields)
∑ Must be able to stand for long periods of time
∑ Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Handling Practices (GHP), product specifications/quality grading, food safety, HACCP and PACA
∑ Basic knowledge of GFSI, microbiology and the newer FSMA regulations
∑ Proficient in written and verbal communication
∑ Effective presentation skills
∑ Ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders
∑ Effective interpersonal skills
∑ Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
∑ Must be able to work without direct supervision
∑ Must display a firm alignment and commitment to the USF foundational values, operating principles and focus
: Day Job
: Quality Assurance
: Individual Contributor
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com