The comprehensive food
safety information website
Development Technologist - Kennett Square, PA
Bringing Home Your Work Never Tasted So Good!
Herr Foods Inc. is a privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1500+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herr’s family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work. This position will be based in the chips area and the primary responsibility will be packing and checking the quality of the Herr Foods Inc. products.
This role has the primary responsibility of developing “Better for You” and healthy new snack food products as well as refining existing products to meet customer and market needs/preferences. Formulates, tests, refines and commercializes snack food products for a National and International market. Collaborates with R&D specialists, process engineers, and manufacturing personnel to launch innovative snack food products on new and existing product lines.
Research and Development:
· Develops new and improved methods and systems for food processing, production, quality control, packaging and distribution.
· Develops methods to create and improve food product attributes such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, and convenience.
· Conducts research to assess consumer trends and industry innovation.
· Reviews changes in industry regulations and makes formal recommendations to appropriate teams regarding product revisions or development.
· Develops finished product and process specifications.
· Conducts research on quality improvements, cost optimization, process improvement, ingredient innovation and process technologies.
· Assists with internal and external customer technical issues regarding ingredients, formulation and manufacturing.
· Initiates new product testing in the pilot plant, then develops specific processing methods when scaling project to a manufacturing process line.
· Confers with Process Engineers, flavor experts, packaging and marketing specialists to address any concerns.
· Facilitates technical expertise and training for operations, management, quality, sales and marketing to ensure completion of company objectives.
· Leads customer testing /sensory evaluation of product developments.
Reporting and Analysis
· Complete detailed documentation of all research projects.
· Develops reports and presentations that clearly and concisely communicate conclusions and recommendations for product development.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, preserve confidentially of all business information and data, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as environmentally friendly as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. Reliable attendance and punctuality are also required. The employee is also expected to perform other related duties, special projects and functions as required from time to time.
· Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Food Science or completion of Accredited Culinary Schooling.
· 3-5 years related experience or training; food related research and development experience highly preferred.
· Experience and proven track record working with “Better for You” food product lines preferred.
· Demonstrated experience to work independently or as a team.
· Recognized as one who is proactive in problem-solving and works towards creative solutions.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal/external customers.
· Requires strong problem-solving ability and strong analytic skills.
· Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, time management and excellent organization skills.
· Working knowledge of product commercialization and food & manufacturing processes highly preferred.
· Previous experience working in Safe Quality Food (SQF) and HAACP environments preferred.
· Microsoft Office Suite intermediate experience required; advanced skills preferred.
Kennett Square, PA, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com