The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Technical Services Product Specialist
Location: El Segundo, CA
Department: Quality Assurance
Technical Services/Product Specialist
Collaborates with the Director of Technical Services in the design, communication and implementation of quality systems and programs. Participates in new product development, writing product specifications, providing guidance on FDA labeling for nutritional panels and food safety instructions. Provides support, input and direction on quality related matters to Purchasing, Packaging, Sales, suppliers and customers. Conducts product quality inspections, initiates complaint investigations and resolution process.
· Supports the Director of Technical Services in the design, communication and implementation of quality systems and programs as noted below.
· Writes and updates product specifications.
· Ensures compliance with product specifications and all regulatory requirements for domestic processors and importers.
· Updates nutritionals labels and food safety instructions to ensure compliance with FDA labeling requirements.
· Monitors and improves product quality through periodic inspections and quality control records review.
· Responds to supplier product complaints and assists in developing corrective actions
· Provides response, input and liaison between corporate and government agencies in the United States and overseas.
· Other duties as assigned.
Key outputs (outcomes, deliverables of role)
· Develop, review and update product specifications incorporating all quality aspects.
· Develop and update nutritional labeling and food services instructions to ensure compliance with all food safety regulations.
· Follow up and resolve all product complaints at the supplier level, track trends and implement control procedures and domestic inspection procedures.
· Conduct product evaluations and inspections to ensure quality and compliance to specifications.
Direct Reports; Overall Team
· No direct reports
· Serves as a member of the Technical Services Team
· Bachelors Degree preferred
· Excellent knowledge of seafood products (frozen shrimp, finfish, pasteurized crab, etc.)
· 5 to 7 years of experience in quality assurance.
· Knowledge of new product development and FDA labeling and nutritional development.
· A demonstrated knowledge of food processing, sanitation, and seafood HACCP.
· Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office, web-based platforms.
· Self-starter/ problem solver
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Regularly collaborates with Sales, Purchasing, Packaging, Outbound and Inbound Logistics teams.
· Regularly collaborates with customers, international suppliers, IT and Authorities having Jurisdiction.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key quality control personnel working for customers and suppliers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org