Responsible for managing
research and development projects involving: new product and process
development, production trials, least-cost formulation, product/process
improvement, technical sales support, etc. Product area responsibilities
will include dry extruded, baked, snacks/treats, and canned pet foods.
- Demonstrate strong project
management skills on research and development projects as assigned.
- Actively participate as a key
contributor to new products development.
- Formulate dry extruded, baked,
snacks/treats, and canned pet foods according to defined parameters.
- Oversee/conduct plant trials on
assigned projects at various production facilities.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve
production and product quality issues experienced at the plant level.
- Work effectively on
multidisciplinary teams within the company and with external customers
and suppliers to accomplish project objectives.
- Provide technical sales
- Comprehend and apply food
science and pet nutrition principles effectively in project work.
- Prepare and issue
specifications for new ingredients and finished products.
- BS in Food Science, Animal
Science, Nutrition, or equivalent required.
- 5 years’ experience in pet
food, food science, or related field preferred.
- Experience in successfully
bringing new, innovative products to market.
- Demonstrated knowledge of
ingredient functionality and food manufacturing processes.
- Strong communication and
project management skills.
- Creativity and problem-solving ability.Collect and
interpret data and make recommendations.Experience
with working effectively in a plant environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing
Practices, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to work in a
fast-paced environment with a customer service orientation.Travel and extended hours may be
necessary as workloads dictate.
- Pre-employment drug screen,
skills, and background testing required. Must be eligible to work in
- Food Safety and Good
Manufacturing Practices, including appropriate safety equipment apply.
Job will be performed both in an office and in a manufacturing
- While performing the duties of
this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged
periods of time, climb stairs, climb ladders and walk plant floors
that could exceed one mile of travel per day.
- The employee must have a full
range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending,
reaching, and crouching.
- Must have command of all five
senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision
abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must
be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
- Strength: Must have the ability
to lift 20 pounds with regularity.
- Must be able to understand and
follow work instructions in English.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food science: 5 years
- Project Management: 2 years