Safety Manager - Mount
Provide leadership to
the organization and play the lead role in quality systems planning, food safety,
research and development, and plant sanitation.
Product Quality / Food
- Ensure the manufacture of
products of the highest quality - outstanding in appearance, package
presentation, performance and taste - by correctly handling and
utilizing raw materials and Good Manufacturing, food Safety and Quality
- Recommend measures to improve
the quality of products and production methods.
- Take all measures necessary to
ensure food safety and quality.
- Implement standards for product
- Manage customerís complaints
for product improvements.
- Develop a production program
where finished product and critical control points are monitored and
evaluated. Document and communicate results to production personnel and
- Prepare and maintain product
specifications, which meet customerís requirements.
- Supervise QC Technicians to
ensure QC activities are conducted in a correct manner. throughout the plant.
- Assist in developing and
implementing measurements protocols to Operations and Quality.
- Document and communicate
research results to management.
- Responsible for the
development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the BRC/FDA
- Implement and manage the
HACCP& USDA/FDA programs and serve as the primary interface with
USDA inspection personnel.
- Develop a system for product
label development. Approve all product labeling.
- Prepare plant for annual third
- Remain abreast of leading
technology and apply knowledge gained to the production system.
- Oversee customer-specific and
general product development and application of new ingredients,
materials and equipment for the production system.
- Direct technological
improvements for the production system and Research and Development
- Ensure a safe, clean and
productive work environment, and maintain a positive employee relations
climate throughout the organization.
- Oversee the training of
personnel in the performance of job responsibilities, including the safe
and proper handling and/or use of material, tools, machinery, and
- Maintain an adequately staffed,
well qualified, and fully trained Technical Services organization.
- Find root cause of customer
complaints and/or plant-relates quality issues or concerns.
- Ensure all products adhered to
specifications and company standards.
- Deal with customer related
matters or concerns.
- Responsible for ensuring high
standards of hygiene/sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout
the plant & production areas to meet the required standards of
practice prescribed by the Environmental Health Agencies and any other
- Maintain customer
- Address non-compliances from
USDA inspectors and/or third party auditors.
- Maintain customer database as
per their specifications (i.e. documentation, artwork, risk assessments,
allergen programs and all QA information.
- Oversee the organizationís
- Perform all evaluative tests
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Industry: 5 years
- Quality Assurance: 5 years