The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Specialist - Grandview, WA
The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Martha White®, truRoots®, Sahale Snacks®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix®, Milk- Bone®, Kibbles 'n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and 9Lives®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Assist in the implementation of the JMS Quality programs to ensure that quality, food safety and security expectations are exceeded at the Grandview plant.
· Support daily lab functions including analytical lab testing of product samples, inspections of raw materials, lab equipment calibrations, record keeping and review, sanitation inspections, and wastewater monitoring.
· Ability to understand and oversee plant quality systems including but not limited to; GMP’s, traceability, manifesting, sanitation, SDS Management.
· Support QA Manager as needed
· Manifest lot numbers of raw materials
· Candidate will be required to generate product holds and maintain holds database
· Report and investigate quality related incidents
· Support Plant audit ready status for Corporate, BRC, Government agencies or other third party audits
· Develop and maintain quality documentation procedures following document control program
· Coach plant personnel to maintain all food safety and quality standards
· Ability to effectively communicate with Logistics, Production, and Maintenance Teams
· Ability to track CCP & CQP Deviations, Quality Incidents, and Security/Food Defense incidents
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Requires extensive walking and standing on concrete floor and pavement
· Requires extensive bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting and crouching
· Requires the ability to taste and smell
· Requires the ability to practice safety while using sanitation chemicals
· Ability to meet all safety expectations including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow al safe practices
· Ability to lift objects up to 40 lbs occasionally
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good leadership skills
· Ability to work off shifts and weekend work as needed is required
· Ability to travel
· Well organized and detail oriented
· Ability to work within a team environment
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal direct supervision
Education and /or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required: Science related such as food, agriculture, or enology major preferred.
Ability to Implement, Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.S), Leading Small & Large Teams, Multi-Disciplinary/Broad Expertise, Multi-Functional Experience, Multi-Site or Plant Experience, People & Relationships, Quality
The J.M. Smucker Company has a unique culture rooted in our Basic Beliefs, strengthened by Our Commitment to Each Other and perpetuated by the creation of an environment that leads to the continued growth of our employees.
· A Culture of Growth – Smucker has a unique culture where every employee makes a difference. Since our founding in 1897, we have had – and will continue to embrace – a commitment to continuous improvement.
· A Company with a Purpose – Helping to bring families together to share memorable meals and moments.
· A Place to Thrive – For 120 years, Smuckers has been proud to call Northeast Ohio home. Much like Smucker, Ohio is a vibrant and exciting place, rooted in a strong history and innovative environment.
· Our Home – Our 120-acre, state-of-the-art Corporate campus is designed to create a warm, welcoming environment that facilitates open communication and collaboration, providing a sense of community where people are proud to gather, work, and learn from one another.
· Our Future – As we continue to grow, we look to the future where the best is yet to come. A future shaped by our heritage, our commitment, and our culture.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org