The comprehensive food
safety information website
Product Development Manager – Soledad, CA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Responsible for managing Research & Development staff and technical projects to resolve major technical issues in handling and processing of fresh-cut vegetable products.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
· Conduct feasibility assessments on new product concepts or product improvement opportunities.
· Provide technical leadership to R & D’s New Product Innovation group.
· Work closely with Marketing and Sales to assure that all new product development projects are completed accurately and on time.
· Coordinate technical development efforts with appropriate external business functions to meet business objectives.
· Coordinate with other departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Purchasing) to determine equipment needs, materials and processes necessary to produce new products.
· Assure technically sound research is conducted.
· Comply with Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to this position.
· Other duties as assigned
· Solid understanding of food science, post-harvest physiology, and statistical experimental design.
· Working knowledge of complex analytical instrumentation and computers.
· Management, consulting, and training skills are also necessary.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
· Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
· Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, and interact well with co-workers.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
· 5-7 years + related R&D activity.
· B.S. degree in Food Science preferred with related experience, or B.S. degree with equivalent work experience.
Soledad, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com