Food Safety/QA Manager – Minneapolis, MN
Production Food ...
States, MN, Minneapolis
Audit the manufacturing processes to assure product quality standards and
standards for food safety are being met across Caribou Coffee’s distribution
network. Sustain/upgrade company food safety programs designed to maintain
the safety and quality of the coffee we produce.
- Develops, implements and maintains all Food Safety
and QA written programs in accordance to AIB, FDA/FSMA, Department of
Agriculture, Organic and Kosher requirements.
- Performs role of practitioner for all Food Safety
audits including support documentation requests for Caribou Coffee
Company (CCCI)’s Organic, Kosher, AIB and COA requirements.
- Responsible for oversight, and to ensure, all
QA/Food Safety and regulatory programs are followed by team members,
visitors and contractors.
- Acts as key QA/Food Safety liaison with Roastery in event of a recall/withdrawal.
- Investigates and provides written CAPAs for Coffee
- Maintains and creates Food Safety training program
requirements for production and warehouse personnel via Alchemy system.
- Provides training for production personnel on how
to write infractions, daily log maintenance in compliance with
regulatory and third party audit criteria.
- Establishes a sound microbiological environmental
swab plan and program for the Roastery.
- Schedules and obtains appropriate records for
maintaining compliance on OTA testing.
- Monitors compliance with HARPC program; review and
sign off daily production documents as a PCQI.
- Creates annual verification and validation steps
of HARPC plan.
- Acts as liaison to City of Brooklyn Center to
obtain water potability records.
- Works with production team members on any product
deviations on WIP or in-line process to assure proper trace backs and
food safety is maintained.
- Manages “HOLD” process.
- Conducts pre-operational inspections, monitors
operations cleaning procedures and updates the SSOP program based on the
Environmental Monitoring Program and changes made in production.
- Assists Engineering in establishing and
maintaining an accurate application and updated chemical program.
- Executes quality and food safety objectives as
directed by Food Safety/QA Sr. Director.
- Develops a Green Coffee Warehouse Requirements
program jointly with CCCI/ENRG Supplier Auditor team.
- Aids in developing and maintaining appropriate
document for Food Safety certification of Caribou’s Coffee partner
network of Roasters and processing partners.
- Assists with projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience writing, implementing and
maintaining Food Safety prerequisite programs at a food facility;
cGMP’s, HACCP/HARPC, Recall Program, Environmental Monitoring programs,
- Experience maintaining a working relationship with
regulatory agencies; FDA, State Department of Agriculture, and similar.
- PCQI Certified through FDA course.
- Knowledge of good microbiological laboratory
practices and skills.
- Working knowledge of FSMA Regulations, GFSI or AIB
standards. Internal or lead auditor for GFSI a plus.
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company and AIB
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and good organizational
skills are necessary.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of
- BS degree in Food Science, Microbiology (food
emphasis) or related science.
- 5+ years experience in
Quality Control/Food Safety experience in food manufacturing.
- 3+ years progressive management/supervisor
experience in food manufacturing preferred.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and
moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be
accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this
position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or
delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its
managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of
work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected
Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and does not discriminate based
on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Job number: 1516814
Location: MN, Minneapolis, 3900
Lakebreeze Ave N