Food Safety &
Quality Officer - Moonachie, NJ 07074
- $50,000 a year
Bylada Foods is a manufacturing company specializing
in Private Label Frozen items located in Moonachie NJ. Company is growing
every year and seeking an employee that would like to grow along with the
company and become part of the management team.
The Food Safety & Compliance Officer
is responsible for maintaining and safeguarding product safety and quality
while meeting Company and regulatory standards and has responsibility for
maintaining a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality
control and quality assurance alongside the QA manager. This person is
responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of products
meets or exceeds all quality standards. This person also has responsibility
for communicating quality results and assisting the QA manager in creating
and maintaining quality policies, procedures and documentation.
- Assist in implementing,
maintaining, and improving all quality systems (i.e
HACCP, SQF, FSMA)
- Ensures product safety,
regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards.
- Drives Continuous Improvement
efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
- Assists in the coaching,
education and training of staff and plant employees for Quality
- Assist in maintaining the plantís
HACCP, FSMA and GSFI programs.
- Monitors all plant activities to
ensure all Food Safety and Food Quality audit requirements are met
- Verifies incoming raw materials
are received according to the specifications
- Prepare, package and send product
samples to customers
- Create and update product
- Review and sign off on records
pertaining to all quality systems
- Assists QA manager in
implementation procedures for handling storage labeling and lot tracking
of raw materials and finished products.
- Reviews all product labels used
in the facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company
- Keep current on regulatory
changes that impact company
- Ensures that proper sanitation
procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are
- Assists in maintaining
documentation of all required quality tests and activities.
- Maintains manufacturing
specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control
- Assists QA manager in handling
- Assist QA manager on any daily
duties as needed Desired Skills
- HACCP Certification and working
knowledge of SQF systems and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Analytical skills, persuasive
skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of
employees and management
- Possesses a working knowledge of
sanitation systems, pest controls, processing techniques and procedures,
and mechanical knowledge of processing and packaging equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal/written communication
- Must have the ability to identify
and assess potential food safety hazards and quality defects.
- Ability to write procedures
(SOPís) and work instructions.
- Auditing experience is a plus.
- Education and Experience
- BS in Food Science preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Healthcare spending or
reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts