The comprehensive food
safety information website
Career Opportunities: Food Scientist (9521)
CSM Bakery Solutions
Req Id 9521 - Posted 02/09/2017 - Georgia – Atlanta
The R&D Scientist will execute business driven R&D innovation projects, providing leadership of new product development activities including technical support to the Supply Chain and Sales & Marketing organizations.
Scientific professional within CSM’s R&D Innovation team design and executing upon large and complex innovation focused development projects through applying and adapting technologies and research effectively.
· Execute against key projects/programs as agreed upon with manager based on business needs to support growth through innovation, product improvements, procurement and quality initiatives
· Lead and conduct benchtop development, pilot plant and plant trials for new product start-ups, improvements and plant transfers
· Provide technical support and consulting to internal and external customers, specifically in the areas of icings, glazes and fillings
· Provide technical support and guidance of functional ingredients, specifically starches and sweeteners
· Develop proficiency in SAP and specification systems
· Follow laboratory policy and best practices
· Conduct basic research on ingredients and products developing best practices
· Provide technical leadership for assigned projects
· Demonstrated expertise in icings, glazes and fillings and/or sugars and sweeteners from a recognized institution (academic or industrial)
· Demonstrated technical knowledge in product and process development
· Comprehensive ingredient functionality knowledge, specifically in the area of starches and sweeteners
· Strong problem solving skills
· Reporting and communication skills
· Degree in Food Science (or adjoining discipline), preferably an advanced degree or equivalent. Understanding of theoretical concepts and principles associated with Food Science with a comprehensive knowledge of formulation and process development within the areas of icings, glazes and fillings and/or sugars and sweeteners.
· Advanced project execution skills; planning, reporting, stakeholder management.
· Communication skills: presentation, analyze and knowledge transfer.
Education / Skills:
· BS degree in Food Science or equivalent work experience. Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in relevant field
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com