PacMoore is passionately focused on growing
people so we can be exceptionally good at feeding the world. This is our
vision. We provide an exceptional work environment and an opportunity to
grow professionally and personally.We
are excited that you are considering joining our amazing team!
To lead the Quality
Assurance and Food Safety functions on behalf of PacMoore
at the PacMoore Products, Inc. manufacturing
facility in Hammond, Indiana. This role assures adherence to and continuous
improvement of the facility’s Food Safety Plan/HACCP ( Hazard
Analysis Critical Control Point), food safety and quality programs;
leads the facility through successful audits; and assures that the rigorous
testing requirements of a food manufacturing facility are met or exceeded.
- Assures that the company is
prepared for client audits:
- Notifies the Vice President of
Quality Assurance of any deviations or potential issues prior to
- Prepares plant personnel, shift
supervisors and other personnel for audits
- Assures that the facility is
- Coordinates internal, FDA, BRC,
and other inspections by certification bodies such as those for
Organic, Gluten Free, GMO Free, Halal and kosher certifications.
Follows up with any/all recommendations to assure compliance and
- Champions process improvements:
- Maintains current knowledge of
changes in legislation or standards that impact food safety; reviews
applicability to other PacMoore facilities;
and implements any required resulting changes in plant procedures
- Analyzes product and process
data and recommends process or other improvements.
- Provides technical and
statistical analysis and support for recommended resolutions and
- Conducts food safety meetings in order to communicate important information
(proactive) and resolution of issues (reactive). Communicates
corporate, customer, and consumer food safety concerns to appropriate
plant personnel for resolution
- Ensures customer responses are
appropriate (inquiries, questionnaires, complaints)
- Manages other client-specific
requirements; communicates and ensures compliance with requirements
during projects, responds to complaints, and investigates any internal
- Plans, participates in and
documents validations studies initiated by clients
- Assists in development of
capital budgets for Food Safety projects
- Uses influencing skills to
achieve objectives in implementing food safety and other programs at
- Review of HACCP records to
- Exhibits leadership and strong
ethical behavior to address food safety risks immediately and to stop
production if necessary
- Communicates vital information
to facility trainer in order to assure effective
food safety training programs. Monitors the effectiveness (retention
and knowledge application) of training
- Ensures the facility’s
Integrated Pest Control Management system is robust in nature and
addresses potential risks
- Assists with the management of
the allergen program
- Gives direction and support to
the appropriate standards of housekeeping and hygiene of the facility.
- Establishes and assures
- Effective environmental
monitoring that meets all regulations and standards
- Sample collection procedures
that meet all required regulations and standards
- Actively involved in product
recovery and recall exercises. Identifies adverse impact on finished
product integrity and established measures to prevent further detriment
- Communication with manager (VP,
Food Safety & Quality Assurance)
- Collaborates daily with
Production/General Manager, Operations staff, facility staff
- Supervises a lab technician,
lab manager, quality analyst, quality supervisor and three quality
- Works with a culturally diverse
- Bachelor’s Degree in
Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry or other relevant discipline or
comparable years of experience in food manufacturing
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of
experience in Quality Assurance and Lab, with at least 3-5 years of
experience in food manufacturing
- Expertise should include a
scientific background (biology and chemistry) and production
manufacturing background for food materials
- At least 5 years of experience
in a similar leadership role with increasing levels of responsibility.
Demonstrated ability to lead a team, including training, motivating
and organizing priorities.
- Expertise in Good Manufacturing
Practices and Good Laboratory Practices
- Strong knowledge of food
safety, quality, HAACP, allergen management and regulatory.
- Knowledge of GFSI-based Food
Safety Management system (BRC, SQF, FSSC 22000, IFS, etc.) preferred.
- PCQI certification a plus
- Strong computer skills – Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
– written and oral
- Strong critical-thinking,
problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Process-oriented; demonstrated
background revising/improving processes
- Works on a flexible schedule as
- Demonstrates working knowledge
of Food Safety Compliance Standards
- Experience creating training,
educational or presentation materials a strong plus
- Has competence to specify the
safety, quality and operational criteria necessary to fulfill
obligations with regard to legal compliance
and protection of the consumer in a food manufacturing organization
Back-up for Lab
testing and adherence to specification:
- Ensures that laboratory is able to perform customer tests according to
- Performs all tests on
prescribed frequencies and by recommended methods.
- Creates all C of A’s for each
- Maintains records of all tests
- Verifies that all tests meet
specification for the products in question. If a product doesn’t meet
specification, work with the appropriate parties to resample, place on
hold, reject and remake, or whatever is necessary to keep the product
- Performs consistency studies to
verify that products meet specification across batches or runs.
- Provides creative solutions to
- Maintains all necessary
- Maintains a clean and well organized laboratory.
- Creates necessary
documentation, forms and graphs for showing data found when testing or
results are available.
- Coordinates sample extractions
with plant personnel and office staff.
- Lab testing may include sensory
evaluation or additional pilot kitchen work.
- Coordinates with clients and
sales for work required for pilot kitchen needs.
- Provides samples to outside
labs with appropriate testing requirements.
- Liaison between the outside lab
- Checks information returned
from outside labs to determine if results meet specifications for the
product being tested.
- If a product result does not
meet specifications, assure that the product is handled appropriately
for the issue. This includes rejecting product, placing product on
hold, quarantine, etc. as necessary.
PacMoore Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food & Beverage: 5 years
- Quality Assurance: 8 years
Required license or