Coordinator - Lacey, WA
Quality/Food Safety Coordinator
The Quality/Food Safety Coordinator
enforces and monitors the compliance of established food safety and quality
procedures to comply with regulatory, customer, and internal requirements.
This position is to ensure food is received, stored, handled, and shipped
following established standards. The Quality/Food Safety Coordinator is also
responsible for performing sanitation and maintenance internal audits to make
sure food is prepared in a clean and well-maintained facility.
- Conduct daily walk-thru
assessments and report any food safety and quality discrepancies.
- Enforce personal hygiene
practices and all food safety programs.
- Perform sanitation and
maintenance for food safety audits, document findings, and follow up on
- Log daily HACCP records, review
HACCP data for accuracy, and document deviations in HACCP deviation
- Assist to provide food safety
- Perform environmental testing and
other microbiological testing required.
- Prepare and send finished product
samples for external laboratory analyses.
- Perform quality and food safety
internal audits and generate documentation required to comply with
regulatory, customer, and internal requirements.
- Assist Food Safety Manager during
third-party audits and regulatory audits.
- Perform pre-operation inspections
and validate cleaning doing swabbing. .
- Log waste mushrooms that does not
meet quality or food safety standards and create waste log reports.
- Assist in implementing practices
to prevent food borne illness, foreign object, and other customer
- Conduct calibration/verification
checks on all equipment at the nominated frequencies. Address any issues
that are identified through corrective action.
- Create and review procedures as
needed to ensure that they reflect current practice.
- Responsible for maintaining a
safe, clean, and organized work area.
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum Educational Level -OR-
Experience Required: BS degree in Food Science, Microbiology or other
related technical field of study or equivalent on the job experience.
- HACCP program development and
implementation experience desirable.
- Good verbal and written
communication and organizational skills, good problem solving and
- Intermediate personal computer
skills on EXCEL and Microsoft Word, and Power Point preferred
- Good documentation organization
and review skills, quality audit experience.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork
A minimum of 2 years working
experience in the Food Industry with the following general experience-
quality audit; HACCP development, implementation and validation; quality
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Food Safety/Quality Control: 2