QC Tech / SQF
Practitioner - Hempstead, NY
Golds Pure Foods LLC
Job summary: This position will be
responsible for developing and executing broad quality and food safety
policies and processes. On a tactical level, this position will focus on
opportunities to improve quality and enhance food safety.
- Responsible for implementing,
reviewing and maintaining the facility SQF food safety management
- Manage the facility HACCP,
HARP, and all prerequisite and validation programs required by FSMA and
the SQF scheme.
- Administer the SQF training
program, including training and verification
- Support operations and quality
personnel in the application and compliance monitoring of SQF,
environmental, health, safety and quality requirements
- Facilitate Food Safety
Committee and HACCP team meetings
- Lead SQF Certification,
customer regulatory/quality and agency audits.
- Identify conditions and
practices that could lead to injury, property damage, chemical release,
business interruption or non-compliance.
- Investigate injuries and safety
nonconformance to determine root cause and corrective action
- Coordinate facility Management
of Change reviews for all new and modified products and processes,
including HACCP and risk analysis studies.
- Understand the company's
current quality and food safety practices and procedures. Assess and
evaluate existing and proposed quality and risk mitigation.
- Partner with the manufacturing
system to improve efficiency and quality.
- Oversee customer complaint
- Conducts self-inspections on a
monthly basis, documents and brings about corrective actions as needed.
- Keeps other managers abreast of
new regulations, concepts, and quality standards.
- Work closely with operations on
specific quality and food safety related activities.
- Addresses Sanitation and GMP
deviations on an immediate and ongoing basis and assists in training and
development of production personnel in these key areas.
- Develop and cultivate
constructive relationships with regulatory and certification bodies such
as AIB and the FDA.
- BS with technical background in
food technology, food science, or related area and/or 5 years in the
- 3-5 years in the food industry.
- Extensive knowledge of quality
and food safety methods and techniques, quality assurance standards,
food laboratory testing methods and operations, and statistical process
- Previous experience with plant
audits/inspections including customer, 3rd party and governmental.
- Strong working knowledge of
regulatory compliance – FDA, HACCP, SQF -- Lead the internal Safe
Quality Food (SQF) accreditation.
- Self-motivated and results
oriented, able to set own agenda within wide parameters
- Create, support and contribute
to the quality culture of the company.
- Strong and supportive team