Factory Quality Specialist – Springville,
Location: Springville, Utah
Job ID: 18000205
Specialist performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or
standard microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on
products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production
process to ensure compliance with quality standards. Manages finished
product release criteria (i.e. net contents, sensory program, Critical Control
Point [CCP]). Responsibilities will include internal auditing,
recording statistical data and analyzing production data to verify compliance
or determine deviation from existing standards. Works closely with the
Quality Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality
and food safety.
- Employee shall follow and carry
out company Quality Policy on all required Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMP), quality and food safety requirements.
- Escalate quality or food safety
findings or incidents to management.
- Ensures that a high quality of
products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained
and improved in designated areas.
- Ensures the compliance for FSSC
22000 and ISO 9001 while driving continuous improvement for Quality
metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in their area of
- Supports Improvement initiatives
(e.g. consumer complaints, product defect reduction) with the factory.
- Assist, advise and train
Production Operators in attaining Nestlé quality standards.
- Responsible for reviewing and
updating factory policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in
compliance to Nestle standards.
- May be the Document Control
Coordinator for Quality, responsibilities include.
- Supports Compliance by ensuring
effective use of the factory’s document control program.
- May be responsible for Net
Contents Control system support & reporting:
- Supports the functionality of
the net contents control program on the factory floor.
- Prepare lot summary reports for
compliance to the Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS).
- Responsible for tracking,
releasing or holding finished product from production for retail and
- Report out detailed information
regarding the products that are held and released.
- Report out on performance
indicator measures (i.e. KPIs, PPIs, APIs).
- Support traceability exercises,
product trace and recall procedures.
- Support root cause analysis and
provide information on deposition decisions for held product.
- Responsible for learning,
implementing, teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the SAP
Quality Management module.
- Responsible for hold product and
rework/reprocessing documentation review.
- Responsible for conducting
sensory sessions for raw materials, packaging and finished product.
- Provide product release support
to outside warehouses.
- Responsible for supporting the factory
food allergen management program and product coding maintenance.
- Supports production in decisions
related to quality and food safety.
- Audits GMPs, procedures and
paperwork on the production floor.
- Conducts coaching and training to
- Responsible for identifying and
closing gaps in procedures and/or processes.
- Supporting member of the factory
Internal Audit Team.
- Participates in and/or lead
problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Review consumer alerts and direct
follow-up activities of the alerts.
- Maintain consumer complaint
awareness for the production lines.
- Manages consumer complaint team
and follow-up activities.
- Support Foreign Bodies/Material
- Execute daily review of the
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) documentation.
- Execute Behavior Based Quality
- Conducts special projects as
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Conducts daily routine sample
analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good
Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Interprets data and reports on
trend/data analysis to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors laboratory Internal
Control Plan (ICP) on the required frequency.
- Organizes laboratory records and
files, summarizes data, and prepares reports for use by management.
- Supports laboratory activities to
ensure a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene
standards are maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical
- Responsible for daily equipment
maintenance, ordering, stock control, stock record entry, reporting,
- Responsible for the
administration, training, and execution of test methods.
- Responsible for laboratory and
quality records in compliance with the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme
(QMS), which includes proper storage and retrieval.
- Assists, advises, and trains
colleagues to attain the Nestle Quality Assurance Center (NQAC)
AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. Degree in Food Science,
Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related
- Prefer 2-3 years manufacturing
and or laboratory (1-3 years) experience in food industry.
- Prefer knowledge of Lean Six
Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers
and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.