The Product Development
Food Scientist is an active participant in developing, new functional food products.
The ideal candidate is someone who is excited to
be a part of helping to create and develop a new department within a
successful, established and respected organization.
- Apply sound food science
techniques to design products.
- Formulate products to achieve
nutritional profile, ingredient statement, and product attributes of
- Develop finished product and
processing specification, including creation of integrated recipes
using programs as needed to manufacture said target product.
- Process product recipe changes
and maintain accurate records of change.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned
product development projects through the various stages of the product
development life cycle.
- Provide creative solutions to
solve challenges in food product development and commercialization
- Collaborate with
cross-functional team including sales, marketing, finance, packaging,
and manufacturing to ensure innovational customer-focused new products
- Maintain current technical
knowledge in food production regulations, new ingredients, processes,
- Stay abreast of the competitive
products in the market.
- Ensure compliance with
corporate/plant safety standards and with applicable regulatory
- Monitor scientific and
technical developments, industry codes of practice, and relevant
legislation applicable to the country of raw material supply,
production, and finished good destination.
- Provide raw material
information and formula to create the nutritional analysis, product
analysis, and nutritional facts panels.
- Bachelor's degree in Food
Science or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in a food manufacturing
- Ability to multi-task and work
in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to motivate and problem
- Capable of working
independently and staying organized.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food
industry standards of quality, food safety, HACCP, quality
regulations, and FDA regulations.
- Must be detail-oriented and set
high standards for accuracy.
- Must possess excellent verbal
and written communications skills.
- Proactive and self-starter.
- Job duties to be performed primarily
in an office environment during normal business hours in the Los
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Research &
Development: 5 years