start-up in the food processing industry with a small staff seeks a
qualified, multi-talented, flexible, enthusiastic Quality Control
SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This position is
responsible for the development and implementation of quality assurance
programs to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies.
The position will work directly with operations personnel in addition to
regulatory personnel to ensure quality and food safety standards are
upheld. Additionally, this position has a high degree of emphasis on
continuous improvement initiatives to help drive our business unit forward
to maintain a competitive balance in the marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
Essential duties and
responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for coordinating
HACCP programs at the facility.
- Support certification and
surveillance of GFSI audit and work with facilities to implement
- Responsible for performing
daily record reviews to ensure all quality and regulatory requirements
- Review consistency for labeling
compliance with federal/state regulations as needed.
- Handle any quality and food
safety production holds, reconciliation and product release.
- Assist with all 3rd party
- Lead root-cause analysis
efforts and implement corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Lead facility personnel in
continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain systems for checking,
validating and verifying process compliance.
- Assist with raw material and
finished product analytical chemistry and microbiological testing.
- Maintain, update, develop and
implement quality policies and procedures.
- Monitor food safety and food
quality trends through data analysis and implement appropriate
corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Ensure efficient and accurate
testing, reporting and monitoring of product safety and product
- Develop and deliver effective
food safety and food quality training for facility team members.
- Facilitate the development of
analytical methods and sampling procedures.
- Complete special projects and
duties as assigned.
- Some (5%+) overnight
international travel is required to our other manufacturing plant, so
a passport will be required.
- Undergraduate Degree, required.
- Bachelor of Science in Food
Science or a related discipline, preferred.
- Experience within
packaging/food product manufacturing industry, preferred.
- Experience with continuous
improvement methodologies, preferred.
- Prior HACCP experience
- Ability to maintain high
expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to
achievement of results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Ability to analyze data and
information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to use innovative
approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work under pressure
and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal
communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate
throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project
management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized,
reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively
both independently and within a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time