The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Science Integration Specialist-PLY00446 - Plymouth, MN
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Food Science Integration Specialist is responsible for effectively managing the use of frying oil in various foodservice restaurants and venues for a major customer. The role is responsible for overseeing fryer management and oil performance working directly with customer’s frontline employees who use oil. The role will also be responsible for ensuring consistent process, procedures and practices surrounding oil maintenance. Food Science Integration Manager is tasked with operationalizing the science behind Cargill’s products, this role will elevate the operator’s understanding of Cargill’s product, aide in the creation of standard operating producers as it pertains to fry oil (from field to fork), and ensure that Standard Operating Procedure is adhered to in order to maximize the Cargill – Client relationship, enhance the Guest experience, and increase the bottom line.
40% Responsible for frying oil management and maintenance:
• Overseeing oil usage to ensure food quality and frying oil costs
• Develop and maintain procedures around fryer management
• Work directly with frontline employees for process consistency
30% Provide direct leadership, training, support and guidance and to employees responsible for using frying oil in multiple locations and venues.
20% Direct communication with stakeholders for frying oil management in supply chain and culinary:
• Interact with customer’s location leadership
• On site reporting to customer’s specialist in oil category
• Working with a variety of customer’s locations
• Working with Cargill R&D lead for customer
10% Assist senior scientists on delegated tasks.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
A strong candidate has been identified for this position. However we will consider all candidates who meet the requirements.
• Minimum a Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field
• Food safety, safety and food operations experience
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to lift 35 lb routinely.
• Ability to travel domestically up to 50%.
• Ability to work in food service restaurant environment.
• Effective interpersonal and team working skills:
o Strong people management and leadership skills
o Ability to direct and train others
o Ability to connect with people in all levels of an organization
o Strong learning agility.
• 2 + years of experience in foodservice restaurant or industrial frying.
• Attention to details in technical report preparation and record maintenance
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills:
• Ability to organize multiple priorities on dynamic schedule, prioritization skills
• Fats and oils training, frying oil short courses or graduate level courses.
• Field service and technical service experience.
• Frying oils analytical test experience.
• Self driven, skilled in work planning and execution, seeking out for self development and improvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com