The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Label & Nutrition Specialist -
This position develops and reviews technical label copy (including package graphics) for conformance to company standards and government regulations (domestic and international).
Regulatory Compliance and Technical Label Copy
1. Calculate and validate product Ingredient Statements, percentage range formulas, and allergen statements.
2. Enter data and maintain Genesis R&D database to create Nutritional Facts for domestic and international products for Tridents production facilities, co-packers and international markets.
3. Review compliance of consumer package graphics with domestic and international governmental regulations.
4. Conduct product label audits.
Customer Support - Product MDM and Other Databases
1. Build and maintain complete electronic product files to support label compliance and technical/advertising promotional claims (and internal product Master Data Management database).
2. Maintain data on company and 3rd party internet databases (Trident Seafoods Website, FSENet, ECCNet, iCiX).
3. Maintain finished product information in Product Information Library.
4. Provide technical and regulatory support and information on customer issues (complaint response, resolution, and tracking).
5. Evaluate Marketing POS materials for accuracy and completeness.
6. Calculate product GTIN and UPC-A codes for finished products.
R&D Plant QA Support
1. Calculate ingredient statement and Nutrition Facts for R&D potential products to facilitate product development analysis and revisions.
2. Assist R&D in development of draft product specifications
3. Assist Plant QA in development of production floor product specifications.
4. Evaluate potential new products for potential label claims.
5. Support database of plant product case labels.
1. Cultivate and promote working relationships within TSC and with counterparts in other corporations and outside professional organizations to gain and share knowledge (e.g., best practices).
2. Interact with multiple departments (Plant / Corporate Quality Assurance, Marketing, Research & Development, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Sales, Legal) to ensure accuracy of product information.
3. Recommend modifications to technical/regulatory systems as necessary to maintain continuous improvement and deliver high quality products and processes.
Education and Experience:
· 5+ years packaged food industry experience required.
· Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science or related field.
· Working knowledge and experience with ESHA Genesis R&D is strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with 3rd party web data sites (iCiX, FSENet. ECCNet, SpecConnect) is a plus.
· Food industry-specific knowledge of ingredients, food allergens, ingredient functionality and product formulas.
· Experience working with and current understanding of nutrition, labeling, and regulatory concepts gained through technical reading, industry interaction, and/or attendance at appropriate seminars and educational courses.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org