The comprehensive food
safety information website
Enterprise Environmental Management Program Supervisor
Amy’s Kitchen - Santa Rosa, CA
Job Title: Enterprise Environmental Management Program Supervisor
Department: Quality Systems
Reports to: Enterprise Food Safety Manager
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Provides leadership, develops, and oversees implementation and compliance of corporate food safety programs related to environmental management. Guides the design of programs that support the environmental health of Amy’s facilities; which include, but not limited to: hygienic design, preventative maintenance, GMPs, traffic & process mapping, pre-operational inspections, and environmental and microbiological monitoring. This individual works closely with members of Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Operations, and Maintenance/Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop, implement, and oversee Environmental Management Program that supports the organizations “Drive to Zero” for environmental positives for Listeria monitoring programs.
· Provide expertise guidance on EM root cause analysis, trends, & investigations
· Keep up-to-date on latest technologies and methods for environmental management and supportive programs
· Lead/Chair the monthly Enterprise Environmental Management Review Meeting
· Schedule and participate in the weekly Environmental Management meetings for all manufacturing facilities
· Review and approve all RCA investigations for positive results in EMP at all facilities.
· Support EM alignment at all facilities through best practices sharing.
· In conjunction with Food Safety, monitors and verifies the effectiveness of the sanitation processes through daily post sanitation (pre-op) inspections, coordination of environmental monitoring program with the Plant QA teams, and trending of the vital data obtained through environmental monitoring.
· Responsible for supporting continuous improvement of environmental monitoring program and other verification & validation programs from a corporate perspective including development of training materials and implementation of new programs at a plant level.
· Responsible for management and revision of corporate policies and procedures as related to environmental management.
· It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training
This position has a strong dotted line of supervising: each facility’s Senior Food Technologist –Microbiology, but no direct reports.
o 3-5 years in a GFSI complaint food manufacturing environment
o Experience working with GFSI standards
o Project leadership at the corporate and plant manufacturing levels.
o Experience managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
o Auditor Training/Certification is a plus
o Project Management experience is a plus
o HACCP Certification is a plus
o Experience ISO17025:2005 compliant food microbiology laboratory is a plus
o BS in Microbiology, Biology or Food Science or the equivalent with a focus in food microbiology strongly preferred.
o Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
o Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
o Excellent organizational skills
o Must be persuasive, willing to take initiative, and possess adaptability and communication skills necessary for success in this position
o Ability to build good relationships with internal and external peers
o Technical competence in food science and food microbiology.
o Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite – esp. Excel & Powerpoint, Smartsheets
o Valid US Driver’s License.
o Ability to travel approximately 30%
How to apply:
Click here to submit your resume and learn more about Amy’s Kitchen.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org