R&D Associate Technologist
This is a
unique opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing, mission-based
consumer products company in the food industry. Plum Inc. is looking to add a
R&D Associate Technologist to our growing team, reporting to the R&D
Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone who is early in their
career and is eager to learn and grow with our company.
Associate Technologist’s main objectives will be to assist in the development
of new product platforms, and drive the development of product line
extensions, product improvements, and cost savings. This person will
also execute tasks such as operating simple lab equipment, mixing specified
ingredients at varying percentages, preparing samples and maintaining general
cleanliness and orderliness of the lab area.
- Lead the benchtop development and
drive the commercialization of assigned projects.
- Support the R&D team, as need
be, on additional project initiatives, which include technical
feasibility assessments of concepts, new product platform development,
product improvements, and cost savings.
- Understand Plum’s values and
consumer needs. Use insights to build unique product attributes into new
- Define and communicate product
design criteria to external resources (vendors, co-manufacturers, etc.).
Collaborate with these to drive projects forward in a timely and
- Document observed results,
analyze data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations during product
- Run errands for ingredients or
- Order, track and stock lab
supplies and ingredients.
- Ship ingredients and product
- Help develop specifications for
ingredients and finished products.
- Conduct basic research of trends
- Minimum 1-4 years in CPG,
preferably with experience across several product categories.
- BS Degree in Food Science or
- Strong organizational and
communication skills with experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Balanced expertise in food
science, product development and culinary ability.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, MS
Word, MS Excel, and Genesis.
- Basic understanding of FDA and
USDA regulations, and ideally some experience with Organic and Kosher
- Ability to work in a fast paced
- Proactive approach and highly
motivated to learn new disciplines.
- An Innovator – You are passionate about the
world of design and innovation. You bring a unique perspective from your
experiences and your observations in the world around you.
- A Creative Problem Solver – You have a creative bent and
you love taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative
- An Action Oriented Doer – Someone who is driven by
results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task
oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively
takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands On – Someone humble enough to tackle
low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic
discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more
responsibility as the company grows.
- A Collaborator – One who works well with teams,
and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- An Optimist – Someone with a can-do attitude,
who can lead in the face of uncertainty, and with a great sense of
are – Plum PBC – Emeryville, California
Plum Inc. is
home to Plum Organics, a values-driven company committed to nourishing the
next generation with great tasting, nutritious food from high chair to
lunchbox. Plum Inc. is a group of extremely passionate people that truly love
what they do and why they do it. They are parents, aunts, uncles, big
brothers… tooth fairies. They are curious connoisseurs and joy seeking
foodies that have come together to discover, celebrate & create all
things healthy, inventive & yum
information, visit www.plumorganics.com. You can also follow us on Facebook
(https://www.facebook.com/PlumOrganics) and Twitter (@plumorganics).
Plum, PBC is
committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all
aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification
protected by law.