The comprehensive food
safety information website
R&D Scientist - Denver, CO
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry’s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we’re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
About the Function
The Ardent Mills Innovation Center (AMIC) is a central hub of research to find innovative new products with our customers, develop new grain products, and research the usability of grain products by end food manufacturers. This group plays a critical role in improving our ability to reach product quality standards, drive consistency in manufacturing output, and find new ways to connect consumers with new and innovative food products made from grains.
About the Job
This position will support the development of Ardent Mills Innovation/Growth portfolios by working with private/public institutions on medium & long-term research and customers in our AMIC to partner on ‘concept-to-commercialization’ experiments, driving innovative use of new using ingredients to drive successful new products into the market.
The R&D Scientist will serve on cross functional teams to support translation of customer needs into R&D projects and customer solutions. This will entail the development and execution of scientific research; the analysis, interpretation and communication of results; and scale-up of commercial solutions with and for Ardent Mills customers.
The Scientist must have excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills and be willing to work closely with new customers independently or as part of a team across organizational boundaries within Ardent Mills and its customer’s organization.
· Contributes to innovation by supporting identification of short and medium term customer projects
· Supports execution of long-term scientific studies to deliver novel grain-based solutions
· Supports planning and execution of experiments starting from the laboratory to pilot and then commercial scale to develop functional solutions with clearly defined process and product specifications
· Supports scale-up and commercialization of new solutions
· Understands and complies with corporate IP policies and procedures and provides technical expertise to the development and protection of intellectual property within project scope
· Collaborates with Research Quality & Technical Services (RQT) members to support the development and delivery of technical training for internal customers
· Proactively cultivates a broad network of contacts both within and outside the organization & actively uses network to support execution of Ardent Mills projects
· Anticipates customer requirements through regular customer interactions & by staying abreast of trends
· Boldly and proactively represent Ardent Mills via technical publications and presentations, and with scientific organizations and key customers
· Independently prepares & delivers oral and written communication for technical/non-technical audiences
Skills & Experience
· S. degree in Food Science, Food Chemistry, Grain Science, or Milling Science with 3+ years of industry experience developing and commercializing grain based solutions OR
· S. degree with 6+ years of industry experience
· Ability to travel 30% for business.
· Experience in product commercialization from beginning to end
· Strong technical knowledge (ingredient functionality particularly in Cereal Science/Baking and Milling Science)
· Demonstrated technical curiosity, creativity, and ability to innovate (implement creativity to reach a business goal).
· Demonstrated ability to organize, manage and execute multiple technical projects
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
· Exercises independent judgment and discretion on the job
· High Integrity, positive attitude and flexible working style, able to develop a positive working relationships with others
· Highly motivated, self-starter, demonstrated ability to learn, not afraid to take on ambiguous tasks
· Must be proactive, flexible, organized, with the ability to handle changing priorities
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org