The comprehensive food
safety information website
& Safety Specialist
Location: Cottage Grove
Division: Animal Nutrition
Supervisor: Aric Dieter, Executive Vice President Animal Nutrition
Leads the development, implementation, maintenance, and validation of the Animal Nutrition divisions HACCP compliance and Quality Control Programs as well as training and compiling statistical reports for comparison of requirements.
Assists in managing cooperative-wide safety programs and procedures that reduce injuries and their associated costs, as well as ensuring Landmark meets all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
1. HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points). Provides training and customer information to Plant employees in support of Quality and Plant objectives, clarifying standards and monitoring compliance using SOPs within the QMS ensuring changes meet FDA, ISO and other regulatory requirements. Maintain a cross functional internal audit program/team and be the divisional point person on outside audits.
1. Supports continuous improvement in loss control through the development of robust safety programs, systems and practices for all product divisions.
2. Develops, coordinates and presents safety training for all staff on site and/or off site.
3. In conjunction with the Safety Manager, ensures all Landmark locations are in compliance through regular internal program assessments and monitoring for ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements and all Landmark policies to ensure regulatory inspection and/or audit ready preparedness.
HACCP Consulting (Verity Business Solutions)
1. Develops and maintains current relationships with customers for consulting.
2. Develops relationships with potential customers of HACCP consulting.
3. Completes special consulting projects per request from current customers.
Associates Degree in Business and/or Safety related field required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business and/or Safety related field preferred.
Minimum five years of safety, compliance and consultation related experience in the agricultural industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Clear understanding of OSHA standards applicable to agribusiness.
Clear understanding of HACCP standards.
Familiarity with other local, state and federal regulations applicable to agribusiness.
Knowledge of reporting requirements and ability to complete in an efficient manner.
Technical knowledge of the feed industry or related field.
Comfortable with numbers and office procedures.
Strong verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
Proficient with the use of computer software to manage data and training materials.
Ability to ensure that safety program meets applicable regulatory requirements.
Ability to identify safety deficiencies and report to management for correction.
Ability to prioritize safety activities to ensure that areas that present the greatest risk are addressed first.
Continually evaluate the effectiveness of employee training programs.
Proficiency in entering and analyzing data.
Critical thinking and analysis skills in order to determine trends in quality of production and to assist Location Management with decision-making capabilities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your application materials to
Wesley Bollinger, Team Lead-Talent Acquisition; (Wesley.Bollinger@landmark.coop); 608-819-3165.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com