The comprehensive food
safety information website
Safety Technologist - Kinston NC
Job #33022: Other Area(s)
Job Code: #33022
2nd shift role; pay range mid-$50s
This position assists the Food Safety Department to ensure the food safety system at the plant is properly documented and implemented - thus ensuring USDA regulatory compliance and the production of safe and wholesome meat products.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
HACCP Programs and Food Safety
· Assists in development, implementation and compliance with HACCP programs that support the safe handling of food by recording and analyzing critical control point records that track product through the plant ensuring the safety of food products at all times.
· Properly review and scrutinize all aspects of the food safety system and meat production processes.
USDA Regulatory Requirements
· Ensure the USDA regulatory requirements for Food Safety are met.
· Assist with revisions and update food safety programs and procedures including the annual reassessment of all programs.
· Conducts pre-operation sanitation checks to ensure all pre-operation sanitation has been done correctly.
· Determines need for re-sampling of equipment and communicates information to sanitation and plant personnel. Conducts follow up to ensure the sampling was properly completed.
Food Safety Deficiencies
· Communicates findings regarding food safety deficiencies to Plant Food Safety Manager and provides feedback and recommendations.
· Assists with the training to plant employees regarding food safety deficiencies and corrective actions as needed.
Leadership and Expertise
· Provides technical guidance regarding food safety and sanitation to plant personnel.
· In the absence of key personnel the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or Associates Degree in Food Science or related field and 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to use exposure monitoring equipment, interpret and communicate results.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Suite software, e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint; UNIX applications (SAP).
· Detail oriented.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal and technical skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com