Food Safety Specialist -
Marlborough, MA 01752
Regional Food Safety Specialist will support and sustain
store, regional, national and global programs and specifications in Food
Safety and, Good Organics principles.. They will
partner with store leadership, regional support and Global Food Safety in providing
support to store teams to maintain and improve compliance and excellence in
all facets of the above. The individual in this role will be responsible for
supporting stores and facilities in the region. This position is based out of
the region and will report to the RVP of OPS.
- Review and monitor all forms of
store audits and reports from 3rd Party Food Safety Audit Provider, Pest
Control Service Providers, Chemical Providers and city, county and state
- Collaborate with store leadership
in establishing and revising on ongoing pro-active Corrective action
Plans to support stores in meeting and/or exceeding all deliverables in
a timely and effective manner.
- Execution of successful training
methods and matrices to provide effective regional/store training on all
- Assess consistency and continuity
in Food Safety programs including 3rd Party Food Safety Audit Provider,
Training, Pest Control Service Providers, Chemical Providers and
Regulatory Agency Inspections and report on trending and improvement
- Assist regions with store
openings, plan review and permitting process with regulatory
- Assist regions/stores with the
implementation of technology that promotes Food Safety.
- Provide support with food safety
- Calibration of 3rd Party Food
Safety Auditors to WFM Food Safety standards.
- Provide Pest Control support for
- Assist with recalls and/or
foodborne illness outbreak investigations as needed.
- Oversee and/or act as a liaison
with regulatory agencies.
- Provide food safety analysis
reports, newsletters and presentation materials to regional/store
leadership and team members.
- Provide support and guidance for
federal, state and local regulations with regard to
food safety, organics and country-of-origin labeling requirements and
- Must be able to work with all
levels of operational leadership in a collaborative and influential
manner toward continuous improvement of food safety standards and
- Bachelorís Degree (BA/BS) or
equivalent from a four-year college or 2-4 years related experience
and/or training; or a combination equivalent.
- Serv-safe certification
- OSHA training including 10 hour classes preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of
FDA Food Code, USDA Requirements, State/Local Regulations, GRPís, SSOPs,
HACCP requirements, Organic Standards, CFIA Regulations, etc.
- Work independently in planning
and implementation of multiple projects and assignments
- Able to read, analyze and
interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures and governmental regulations.
- Can effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of Leadership, Team
Members and the general public.
- Able to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently and
maintain high productivity.
- Good at multi-tasking, time
management and decision making.
- Excellent computer skills
(Knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Quark, Outlook).
- Must be self-motivated,
solution-oriented, and have good follow through.
- Willing and able to work flexible
- High level of creativity and
- Can travel frequently (about 50%)
within the region and occasionally outside the region.
- Detail oriented with excellent
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Proactive approach to problem
- Passion for the Whole Foods
Market mission and core values.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Able to meet physical job
requirements; able to lift up to 50 pounds
Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team
members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods
Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis
of their qualifications for the position to be filled.