The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager – Icicle Seafoods, Inc. – Larsen Bay, AK
The Quality Assurance Manager will administer the quality assurance program at Larsen Bay. Overall responsibility includes ensuring product quality integrity and plant sanitation conformance from raw material receiving to finished product shipment. The Quality Assurance Manager will maintain several direct reports who are responsible for various areas of the plant which include: egg room, fish house, cold storage, fillet line, cannery, retorts, and britestack. QA Manager will ensure plant design, operation, and personnel practices are compliant with CGMPs, State & Federal requirements, and Thermal Processing standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor plant sanitation and employee practices to ensure compliance with State & Federal regulations, Customer Requirements, and 3rd Party Audit standards.
· Supervise and monitor QA technicians in observing/measuring/recording metrics associated with the production process, with particular emphasis on CCP monitoring throughout the plant.
· Ensure product conformance to Internal Product Specifications and Customer Specifications.
· Ensure conformance to established guidance within Salmon Control Plan, as it relates to Canned Salmon production
· Position is responsible for conformance to third-party audit standards (BRC), which will include advanced preparation and training for annual 3rd Party Audit. At a minimum this will include review/preparation of policies & procedures, monitoring records, training records, and all other disciplines contained within BRC Standard.
· Administer pre-season quality training and orientation with all employees.
· Work with all departments to accomplish pre-season work lists and plant upgrades.
· Maintain inventories and order supplies as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience required:
· Candidate must have at least 3 years of Quality Assurance experience, seafood processing and Salmon canning experience highly preferred.
· Shall have prior experience with implementation of BRC &/or SQF Audit Standard,
· HACCP and Better Process Control School Certifications, or the ability to obtain prior to the season is required.
· Proficiency in record keeping, organization, math skills and communication skills are essential to success.
· Must be available to work from April 15 to September 30.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Able to work with seafood including various types of fish and shellfish.
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the work shift.
· Able to train and guide a Quality Assurance staff to achieve goals.
· Prompt, reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
· Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12+ hours per day, 7 days per week, with little supervision.
· Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere.
· Must be willing and able to live and work in multi-cultural environment.
· Must be professional at all times and represent Icicle with the highest standards.
· Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to work 7 days a week, 12+ hours per day in wet, cold conditions. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery, and hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
Salary: Depends on Experience
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com