Quality Control Supervisor – APC Company – Sublette, KS
is to help animals thrive.
APC is the world's largest producer of functional proteins. From
high-quality ingredients for livestock producers, feed manufacturers and pet
food companies to complete animal nutrition products for end users, we offer
innovative solutions that help improve the lives of animals.
APC in Sublette, Kansas is seeking a Quality Control Supervisor.
has responsibility for supervising the quality control functions and lab
personnel while providing information to customers and departments as
required. The Quality Control Supervisor will work with corporate quality
assurance to ensure all raw materials and finished products conform to
company and customer specifications.
- Manage, develop, and coach the
Quality Controls team with efficient direction and training of quality
processes and procedures, while providing goals and monitoring
performance metrics to continuously improve standards and foster
- Oversee Quality SOPs, SSOPs,
export requirements and Biosecurity Programs.
- Train new employees on quality
systems and certification programs (cGMPs,
SOPs, HACCP, SQF, NASC, SF/SF, etc.) applicable to each plant and assist
in maintaining training files for each employee.
- Act as technical representative
for all in-house audits by certifying bodies, customers, or regulatory
- Conduct internal audits for
- Oversee Quality Control programs
and functions, including laboratory testing and quality systems.
- Oversee and maintain plant
sanitation programs and functions, including master sanitation schedule.
- Ensures company's food safety and
quality policies are being followed.
- Schedule and/or test raw
materials, in-process materials, and finished products for in-process or
finished product requirements, or other tests as required in a timely
- Oversee raw materials to ensure
vendor compliance with specifications.
- Review and approval of
manufacturing batch records, and investigation of any process deviations
that have occurred.
- Specifically review and approve
all production records finished product to verify that compliance to
regulations on each lot of product has occurred.
- Manage priorities and work
schedules according to companies' needs and demands.
- Responsible for data entry and
verification of laboratory analyses in a timely manner.
- Coordinate sampling and release
of product after tests are completed for conformance to specifications.
- Assist in the non-conformance investigation
and resolution in the Corrective Action System any products and
procedures that do not meet specifications.
- Coordination of the disposition
of off specification product.
- Maintain customer product
specifications and assist in evaluation of new customer specifications.
- Oversee and conduct calibration
and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Purchase and maintain laboratory
equipment and supplies.
- Analyze and trend finished
product data as a tool for evaluation of the current manufacturing
process's ability to meet finished product specifications.
- Assist in completion of Change
Control activities for the facility.
- Responsible for effectively and
professionally working with customers when required.
- Become proficient in the LIMS
system of Quality Assurance.
- Maintain water lagoon records, if
- Assist in the selection of
products to fill customer orders assuring each customer receives
products meeting their specifications.
- Assist Corporate Quality
Assurance in carrying out Mock Recalls.
- Assist in the resolution of
- Provide support to R&D and
technical support as needed.
- Assist with inspection and
testing of raw materials to assure compliance with specifications and
- As required, inspect, test, and
monitor current production in accordance with established procedures to
assure compliance to required specifications; report findings to
appropriate personnel for needed changes or adjustments.
- Perform technical operations such
as taking samples, examining/analyzing product, laboratory analyses,
recording results, and taking appropriate action in accordance with
- In the absence of the Quality
Control Supervisor, the Plant Manager or other qualified personnel will
cover the duties of the role.
- Assist with completion of reports
requested by management.
- Operate company vehicle as
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of organizational
methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks or projects
- Knowledge and ability to
implement, track and ensure adherence to all safety training
requirements related to the Quality Controls team.
- Knowledge of various computer
software (Windows, Word, Excel, Email, AS400 Mapics,
inventory management systems, LIMS, etc.)
- Knowledge of college math,
including basic knowledge of statistics.
- Knowledge of organizational
methods and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to train, develop, and
evaluate the Quality Controls team ensuring a competent work force that can
effectively accomplish department and company objectives.
- Ability to effectively
communicate both orally and in writing with corporate management,
contractors, venders, suppliers and other business related contacts.
Ability to learn and comprehend a wide variety of processing methods to
assure compliance with established processing procedures.
- Technical ability to conduct
established product inspections and testing methods, including
instrumentation testing for protein, moisture, fat, sediment, and microbiological
test for standard plate count, in addition to other tests as required.
- Ability to effectively
communicate complex information, both orally and in writing.
- Accuracy in filling out paperwork
and recording data, including testing data.
- Ability to communicate
effectively and tactfully with plant personnel, sales staff, customer
service and other internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively and
objectively with production personnel. Must demonstrate a willingness to
seek, objectively and constructively, the opinions of superiors or other
assigned appropriate APC Inc. staff to resolve differences and provide
- Ability to operate basic plant,
lab, and office equipment, including computers, telephones, fax
machines, and copiers.
- Ability to remain calm and
professional during peak periods of activities.
- Ability to maintain
confidentiality of company information when required.
- Ability to work weekends and
extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist other work
related areas, as required.
an Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in agriculture, biological, food science, or
related field, plus two to three years related work experience in a
food-processing environment; or a high school diploma or GED/Associate's
degree in a science field with three to six years of experience may provide
an equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/53k98hkw4254bqpg