The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Control Manager - Lakeside Foods, Inc. - Manitowoc, WI
Manage all functions of Plant Quality Control Lab and associated check points and perform other duties as assigned. Carry out the policies of management to produce a high quality product consistent with costs and any pertaining regulations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Incoming raw product as received at plant.
· Containers - tin, fiber, labels.
· Processing - all phases of good canning practice with knowledge of Federal good manufacturing practices.
· Thermal Processing - monitoring of time, temperature, etc. Practice in still and continuing reporting.
· Incubation of canned product as a measure of sterility.
· Plant Sanitation - Bacteriological monitoring and investigation, along with plant sanitation inspections.
· Spoilage investigation and customer complaints with supplier contracts.
· Monitor quality level of labeling, packing, shipping and reduction of post processing problems.
· Maintenance of statistical records on Quality Control measurements and other lab records.
· Assist in FDA State Inspections.
· Review daily process records.
· Ensure employees maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
· Ensure employees follow Lakeside Foods established policies and procedures for this job as described in the training manual and orientation program.
· Notify General Manager immediately if any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
· May perform other duties as assigned by General Manager.
· Graduate of Food Science Course or Technical courses in Chemistry, Bacteriology or commensurate practical experience.
· A knowledge of vegetable canning is preferred.
Lakeside Foods offers a competitive pay and benefits package. If interested, please send resume and salary requirements, in confidence to:
Lakeside Foods, Inc.
Attn: Director of Human Resources
808 Hamilton St
P.O. Box 1327
Manitowoc, WI 54220
or e-mail: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org