Omega Nutrition, your health deserves the best brand!
Omega Nutrition is an organically certified commercial
food manufacturing facility in Bellingham, WA and seeks a full-time Quality
The Quality Assurance Manager leads the Quality
Assurance team and all QA related efforts across departments, in order to
ensure the respect of regulation and the integrity and safety of the
products. This role requires a detail oriented, organized self-starter
capable of staying on task with multiple projects, and shifting deadlines.
- Maintain Organic, JAS and Kosher certifications
- Enforce and ensure GMP
- Review and update all product specifications and
- Oversee data administration for all QA related tasks
- Prepare company compliance for FSMA
- Preparation of all COA, Export documents and customer
- Help answer customer questions and provide accurate
information to Marketing and Customer Service
- Minimum 2 years related professional experience
- Experience developing and executing on a range of
quality assurance programs
- Bachelor degree required
- Experience designing and developing systems to
monitor and report on QA data
- Ability to analyze and optimize complete production
- Ability to enforce and ensure current GMP compliance
- Ability to review, edit and generate new SOPs and
- Thorough understanding of FDA/GMP/HACCP regulations
and all aspects of food safety.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate issues to a
team of colleagues and to coordinate resolution.
- Understanding and willingness to learn further
current organic regulations (COR, NOP, JAS, EEC)
- Interest in organic industry and sustainable process
development is a plus.
- Excellent detail orientation and record keeping
Desired, but not required Qualifications:
- HACCP and FSPCA (PCQI) training
- Knowledge of Organic and Kosher requirements and
No later than May 1st, 2017
Health, dental, paid holidays, sick days and vacation
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 2 years