The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager - Lakeside Foods – Owatonna, MN
This position is responsible for management of the quality control functions and quality control personnel for labeling and production in Owatonna. Responsible to carry out the policies of Lakeside Foods to produce a high quality product consistent with customer specifications and government regulations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as Lakeside Foods Policy and Procedures related to food safety and quality are followed at all times.
· Ensure the proper application of 21 CFR 113 for thermal processing of low acid canned foods including proper equipment, proper calibration for CCP monitoring equipment, proper application of the filed scheduled process, etc.
· Ensure updated and proper application of all SSOPs, bacteriological monitoring and investigation, and sanitation inspections.
· Ensure the maintenance of all quality control programs, procedures, documentation, and statistical records including X-Bar Charts.
· Review all daily processing records to ensure compliance to 21 CFR 110, 21 CFR 113, customer specifications, Lakeside Foods Policy, etc.
· Determine the quality level of product and assign grades based on Lakeside Foods Policy and Procedures.
· Assist in FDA, USDA, State, Third Party, internal, and customer audits and inspections.
· Communicate real-time quality data to all affected departments to ensure customer specifications are continuously met.
· Thoroughly investigate and respond to customer complaints on a timely basis.
· Ensure proper management of the Owatonna held product, storage condition, and quality of labeling, packaging, and shipping operations.
· The quality manager is responsible for ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements, industry regulated standards, and overall food safety and quality functions.
· Ensure employees maintain work areas in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
· Notify General Manager immediately if any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
· May perform other duties as assigned by the General Managers.
· A Food Science degree or Technical courses in Chemistry, Bacteriology or a related field, with three or more years of practical experience or a combination of both. A knowledge of vegetable canning/ freezing is preferred.
Lakeside Foods offers a competitive pay and benefits package. If interested, please send resume and salary requirements, in confidence to:
Lakeside Foods, Inc.
Attn: Director of Human Resources
808 Hamilton St
P.O. Box 1327
Manitowoc, WI 54220
or e-mail: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org